Door Lock Issue

Deanjames

Reaction score
I have just picked up a 55 plate a3 and am having a issue with the passengers door Lock.

When I unlock the car it don't open the passengers door.

I open up the passengers door from the inside, then open it from the outside and it is fine. Until I lock and I unlock the car.

Seems like the acturator is not engaging on unlock.

Also can the auto lock feature be turned off,?

Thanks

I have just picked up a 55 plate a3 and am having a issue with the passengers door Lock.

When I unlock the car it don't open the passengers door.

I open up the passengers door from the inside, then open it from the outside and it is fine. Until I lock and I unlock the car.

Seems like the acturator is not engaging on unlock.

Also can the auto lock feature be turned off,?

Thanks

I don't mean this to sound stupid but are you pressing the unlock button twice in succession?

Selective locking needs disabling, unless you prefer the option as is :)

Guess this is a VAG COM job I have a full version just can't find instructions anywhere to disable the feature, I hate it!

Hi can anyone help me with this problem. My passenger door will not unlock from the outside even when the key is pressed twice. Had the car 2 years now and never done this before. It will open from the inside, and it locks fine.
any ideas anybody???
thanks

Well it could be the handle bar that connects to the actual lock inside the door.

When it locks, do the indicators flash?

If not then it could be the wires in the rubber grommet between door end & pillar have got damaged & therefore not getting the signals.

Hi this is still driving me mad. I now currently have all the door panel off but I cannot see anything untoward. The external handle bar is working the lever. But the door will still not unlock.
i have pressed the key fob twice it won't unlock, but it will open from the latch on the inside.
Please somebody help me!!!!!

Did you check the pillar rubber wires for damage.

If the internal lever is releasing the lock, then maybe the arm needs adjusting to open the lock from the handle, but without seeing it I cant advise, could be the lock has broken for that part.

Is there a way to test that the wire going to the lock mechanism from the motor reg module is receiving the signal from either the keyfob or the internal drivers door unlock switch?