Going to wrap my car, but can't decide on what finish?

post 11 on this thred

cant say what i paid as he is a long time friend so it wouldnt apply to anyone else
but he is very good on his prices and been in the tinting game over 15 years and been wraping for the last 4/5 years
all his work is gaurnteed and you wont find any faults in his work

Realistically how good is wrapping a car? I seen a guy in my local town got his civic wrapped in green and before long I noticed that bits of it were hanging off. If it can cost up to £1000 why not just get the car resprayed ?! What am I missing lol ?

Realistically how good is wrapping a car? I seen a guy in my local town got his civic wrapped in green and before long I noticed that bits of it were hanging off. If it can cost up to £1000 why not just get the car resprayed ?! What am I missing lol ?

well who ever did his civic was crap
and for a full respray it will cost more then a grand for a top job

plus with a wrap you can remove and your oem paint will be in the same condition it was before

If you respray you need to let the dvla know and change all the cars paperwork. As vinyl is not classed as a permanent change no need to tell dvla.

Reactions: pwilliamson1991
yes you 100% do have to tell dvla if you wrap a car

Complete car vinyl wrapped, do you have to notify DVLA? - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

post number 8 in the above thread, copy and paste below just in case the link messes up;

Just let you guys know I called DVLA Swansea on Monday and my insurance company.

DVLA said the following. You don't need to change any thing on the logbook (V5) because its a vinly and a temporary colour and not a colour change. All you have to do is once you have applied the vinyl to your vehicle. Send them a letter saying that you have applied vinly to your car and what colour it is so they have a note of it on there system. Once you take it off send them other letter say you have took it off with the dates and reg etc.

I told my insurcance company and they don't mind me doing it, all they said is just to let them know once I have done it.

I spoke to my 3M rep as I have a garage and we use 3M parts etc. and they sell car vinyl wrap also. and I will also buy vinyl off them as am going to start vinyl wrapping cars. and he also said you don't have to notify dvla. This was on the weekend

Seems to be a hit and miss about declaring a wrap to the dvla. So, I can presume if anyone is interested in doing it to contact the DVLA after doing so just to be sure.

I'v told the dvla and my insurance about my colour change . .just didn't want the hassle. you can imagine the argument at the side of the road with a textbook minded no nonsense copper . . . It ain't gonna go your way is it. . :angrymod:

Looks stunning. What colour wrap is that?

Audi-S3-Matte-Blue-Vinyl-Wrap.jpg

Reactions: wuta3
Can last a few years. but really depends on the local weather and how you look after it. the materials are guaranteed to not fade, from the manufactures for upto 10 years

Metallic Sprint Blue*

Metallic sprint blue, is the gloss audi colour. the colour in the picture, looks alot like the 3m matte metallic blue vinyl, Looks like gstarwraps has wrapped a bmw in the metallic blue vinyl