The S3 - I know I Know - But anynews ???

• Thread starter imported_S_Line
  • Start date
Better than a 3.2 though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Runs for cover.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

In my opinion the 2.0T has poor throttle response, so unless the new S3 sheds some weight.........

[ QUOTE ]
Better than a 3.2 though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Runs for cover.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd save any judgement for a test drive!

In my experience (granted that's not a lot) a naturally apirated engine will generally be the better option for the same on-paper figures.

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion the 2.0T has poor throttle response

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine doesn't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif it's not as good as my old 3.2 (granted) but it still kicks ***!

If the 200hp 2.0T is nearly as fast as a 3.2, think what a 255hp will be like!
The S8 is a V10 and the W12 is a... W12!!!
both the same speed on paper, but very different drives!

Agreed LeMan.

But maybe it will be the new 2.00 TFSI engine with bi-turbo, which should be debuting for the new TT around the same time...

And the consipiracy goes on.......

When you dip the throttle on the 2.0 Turbo, theres a very small pause, its as if there is a delay in response. compared to a N/A 3.2 this is instant blip.

Its how and what you want from a car, once the Turbo gets going on the 2.0T its fine as with all other Turbo Cars.

Many people cant notice the delay, either that or they are used to it and are not aware of anything different or quicker.

[ QUOTE ]
When you dip the throttle on the 2.0 Turbo, theres a very small pause, its as if there is a delay in response. compared to a N/A 3.2 this is instant blip.

Its how and what you want from a car, once the Turbo gets going on the 2.0T its fine as with all other Turbo Cars.

Many people cant notice the delay, either that or they are used to it and are not aware of anything different or quicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

The delay is something to do with the FSI stuff, my 2.0FSI did it as well at low rpm's, the turbo on the 2.0T is strong from around 1500rpm, It doesn't have "lag" or at least any that matters.