EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Chipping an Audi A3 1.6 55 plate

Looking to chip my a3, been looking online and found this Audi A3 (03-on) 1.6 Petrol 40 BHP POWER CHIP & FUEL SAVER - �64.99 : Tuning Wizard - High performance chip upgrades, fuel savers and much more, unleash your vehicles full potential.
    Had anyone got this or had this or even heard about it?
    is there anything else that would be better than that? Or anything else I can do to increase the BHP?
    cheers.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Welcome to the forum son. You should really introduce yourself in the welcome section first.
    Growing old is madetory, Growing up is optional !

CEO

Status
    In reality no remap/chip would show any performance changes on small engines such as the 1.6! The only gains I assume would be higher torque which would result in bit faster acceleration and therefore better mpg. However it's not a big difference.

1st Gear

Status
    Which 1.6 do you have?

Reverse Gear

Status
    The 1.6 special edition 102 BHP. Looking to increase the BHP get quicker acceleration. If its not worth getting it chipped, what else could I do to increase the acceleration?

1st Gear

Status
    In all honesty fella a 40hp increase from n/a engine is highly unlikely. Turbo engines would give you around that figure. Without throwing loads of money at it your better off buying a quicker car. Cheep mods you could do but no big gains would be an air filter, make sure the car is serviced with good spark plugs and if you feel it works put some super unleaded in and get rid of unwanted weight.

5th Gear

Status
    Just keep it standard,waste of money trying to get power out of that engine in all honesty. Is it first car/insurance? If so drive it for a year or so to get your premium down and save in the meantime for a 1.8T .
    Air filter and good service might help also chuck out the spare wheel and back seats to lighten it a bit lol.

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    In all honesty.....£64.99 for a 40bhp increase is asking for trouble........if you would actually get 40bhp from this. Do your research first before committing
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner

5th Gear

Status
    With a remap at best you will get 8bhp increase your engine is too small for £300 8bhp is a bit of a waste but up to you, then also air intake and exhaust will add about 3bhp but will cost about £400+ so tbh i think you should keep it standard and save up for something quicker no offense just saying it how it is
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks guys. Heard that from alot of people. Don't want to plough 800-1000 for the sake of 10 BHP. I'd be keeping my a3 for at least 3 years then get something faster. As long as it looks smart I'm happy but I would've liked a bit more power. Will just be waiting my 3 years then upgrading. Plenty of time to save!

CEO

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc94 View Post
    Thanks guys. Heard that from alot of people. Don't want to plough 800-1000 for the sake of 10 BHP. I'd be keeping my a3 for at least 3 years then get something faster. As long as it looks smart I'm happy but I would've liked a bit more power. Will just be waiting my 3 years then upgrading. Plenty of time to save!
    As you mentioned, mod it to your likings and standard "smart" save bit of weight on the car perhaps by spare wheel or anything else plus usual servicing and it wouldn't be that slow at all! Air intake is big difference as on my 1.6 sport it did make it quicker.