Chipping an Audi A3 1.6 55 plate

Marc94

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum son. You should really introduce yourself in the welcome section first.

In reality no remap/chip would show any performance changes on small engines such as the 1.6! The only gains I assume would be higher torque which would result in bit faster acceleration and therefore better mpg. However it's not a big difference.

The 1.6 special edition 102 BHP. Looking to increase the BHP get quicker acceleration. If its not worth getting it chipped, what else could I do to increase the acceleration?

In all honesty fella a 40hp increase from n/a engine is highly unlikely. Turbo engines would give you around that figure. Without throwing loads of money at it your better off buying a quicker car. Cheep mods you could do but no big gains would be an air filter, make sure the car is serviced with good spark plugs and if you feel it works put some super unleaded in and get rid of unwanted weight.

Just keep it standard,waste of money trying to get power out of that engine in all honesty. Is it first car/insurance? If so drive it for a year or so to get your premium down and save in the meantime for a 1.8T .
Air filter and good service might help also chuck out the spare wheel and back seats to lighten it a bit lol.

In all honesty.....£64.99 for a 40bhp increase is asking for trouble........if you would actually get 40bhp from this. Do your research first before committing

With a remap at best you will get 8bhp increase your engine is too small for £300 8bhp is a bit of a waste but up to you, then also air intake and exhaust will add about 3bhp but will cost about £400+ so tbh i think you should keep it standard and save up for something quicker no offense just saying it how it is

Thanks guys. Heard that from alot of people. Don't want to plough 800-1000 for the sake of 10 BHP. I'd be keeping my a3 for at least 3 years then get something faster. As long as it looks smart I'm happy but I would've liked a bit more power. Will just be waiting my 3 years then upgrading. Plenty of time to save!

Thanks guys. Heard that from alot of people. Don't want to plough 800-1000 for the sake of 10 BHP. I'd be keeping my a3 for at least 3 years then get something faster. As long as it looks smart I'm happy but I would've liked a bit more power. Will just be waiting my 3 years then upgrading. Plenty of time to save!

As you mentioned, mod it to your likings and standard "smart" save bit of weight on the car perhaps by spare wheel or anything else plus usual servicing and it wouldn't be that slow at all! Air intake is big difference as on my 1.6 sport it did make it quicker.