Quattro on a rolling road problem

Eftwyrd

Reaction score
Hi all, popped into a friend's garage today to put the car on a dyno, just out of curiosity.

My car is a 2009 (my10?) tdi Quattro.

The dyno is a 4wd unit however after hearing of the haldex quattros not liking them we ran the car in 2wd mode by pulling the haldex fuse. However this was still presenting problems, the abs kept cutting in, almost like a limp mode. We tried pulling what we thought was the abs fuse however the car wouldn't then start.

Are we missing something obvious?

Why would the abs kick in unless your were braking ? is it the new shape 8p3 ? on some of the later cars you cant do the pulling the fuse trick you actually have to unplug the haldex under the car

That's normally before the transmission losses are applied, which I think is 30% on Audi 4wd cars, so that makes 312bhp :)

Why does that state only 240hp?

Because that's the power at the wheels. Applying formulae to arrive at any other figure is just guesswork. At least, that's how we roll in Australia. FWIW the stock run done pre-flash earlier that day was 160kW (214hp).

Oh, Australian delivered S3s are detuned to 188kW (252hp) as well, due to our supposedly hot climate. Not sure it's any worse than parts of southern Europe, but there you go.

Here's the before and after.

I don't get it mine was fine on a dastek 4wd rolling road as was the s3 on before me??

Did you try turning the ESP off? Maybe it was that cutting in as two of the wheels aren't turning, it might have though there was slip so cut power.

And it not starting with the ABS fuse pulled might be a safety feature or that fuse maybe for another system as well.

Cheers for the tips guys, will try them next time I'm passing by and let you know. Which fuse would you typically ppull to turn off ABS on a my10, to make sure we had the right one?