Vortex exhausts

T3KT0N1K

Reaction score
Who's heard of these...

Vortex UK Performance Stainless Steel Exhausts, Catalytic & Silencers

I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these, over the stereo typical Miltek, since I had my Mk4 GTi. But I won't be able to bring my self to do it, until I've found some people that have already had one fitted and thus, know what they're like. I spoke to the Revo guys at the GTi International the other week and they said they'd heard of them and liked the idea, but hadn't found anyone yet that has had the guts to get one fitted to their pride n joy.

Have any of you got a Race-Flo or know anyone that does?

I like the look of that!!!

Unfortunately, £750 is out of my price bracket.

Would be very interested to see some results from audi drivers though.

Am I reading that right - they reckon the raceflo performance exhaust gives 75bhp on a 2001 golf 1.8T...

I would love to see evidence of this but I don't think I ever will!

75bhp of exhaust sustem on a golf thats complete bull lol,

revo also managed to upload maps onto peoples cars at gti inters apparently and cause turbo blow outs, thats what someone told me

Dean_T: Where did you read that? They typically quote a 15% - 20% increase in power which, even on an anniversary edition Mk4 Golf GTi, would only equate to 36bhp max.

The physics of the Vortex system makes sense to me. Something similar is being utilised for the UK's revolutionary single stage space plane, to solve the temperature differential as the plane increases altitude at high speed, under high thrust (I think).

What makes Miltek so special anyway?

Last edited:
Miltek is just rated high also the quality of the product is amazing

If I ever bite the bullet and buy a Vortex system, it'd be nice to find someone with the same spec car, but with a Miltek, and do a comparison. Of course, it'd be nice to find those two cars first.

Dean_T: Where did you read that? They typically quote a 15% - 20% increase in power which, even on an anniversary edition Mk4 Golf GTi, would only equate to 36bhp max.

The physics of the Vortex system makes sense to me. Something similar is being utilised for the UK's revolutionary single stage space plane, to solve the temperature differential and differing altitudes under high thrust (I think).

What makes Miltek so special anyway?

All the (alleged) performance increases are here;

raceflo Performance Data | Vortex Exhaust Technology, Grays, Essex

It states there are no other modifications to the vehicle either.

Well...that is an eye opener, that's for sure. You would've thought that, if customers didn't get close to that increase, there might be a law suit raised. I might have to read their small print...

I haven't found much in the way of small print, other than this...

"DISCLAIMER : Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the above information, mistakes can occur. Do not rely on this web site entirely. Please check with a member of staff if there are any details which you may be relying on in making a purchasing decision."

Their HQ is only 15.6 miles from AmD Tuning (where I'm going on August 7th for clutch and flywheel upgrades) so, if there's time, I'll pop in for a quick re-con.

This is interesting though. Kinda seems contradictory to the performance estimates stated in the link Dean_T posted above:

[h=2]What is a raceflo performance exhaust?[/h]
Vortex™ raceflo resonator is our performance stainless steel simple custom fit exhaust system for race car owners and racing enthusiasts who want to improve their car engines’ performance characteristics.
With a Vortex™ raceflo exhaust you'll get at least a 10% increase in brake horse power (BHP), and more than a 15% increase in torque (NM). This is in addition to all performance gains resulting from any other improvements made to the engine.
The result? Your car will be much more responsive; we guarantee it!
Induction kits, turbos, and engine re-tuning can all boost your car’s performance, but the most cost effective way to get more power is to simply replace your current exhaust with a Vortex™ raceflo performance exhaust.

What's the difference between a resonated and non-resonated exhaust anyway?

Who's heard of these...

Vortex UK Performance Stainless Steel Exhausts, Catalytic & Silencers

I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these, over the stereo typical Miltek, since I had my Mk4 GTi. But I won't be able to bring my self to do it, until I've found some people that have already had one fitted and thus, know what they're like. I spoke to the Revo guys at the GTi International the other week and they said they'd heard of them and liked the idea, but hadn't found anyone yet that has had the guts to get one fitted to their pride n joy.

Have any of you got a Race-Flo or know anyone that does?

Have a look at "Longlife Exhausts." Guaranteed for life even if you sell the car on.

What's the difference between a resonated and non-resonated exhaust anyway?

Resonated = A lot Louder Exhaust. Non-Resonated = prob a little louder than standard exhaust.

That's what I figured wanton. Cheers for clarifying!

Non-resonated it is then...when the time comes.

So, you're saying Non-Resonated are louder? Wow, that's a little confusing. Surely they should be described as anti-resonance then, shouldn't they?