EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Travelling 6+ hours to view a 2009 2.0 TFSi S-Line tomorrow, advice appreciated...

Finally taking the plunge and going to buy an A3 after a year of deciding whether or not it makes sense to pay for a car each month when I have a 2004 MG that doesn't cost me anything with the exception of diesel and pride.

I could quite easily pay less for a better 'run-around' but I've had my heart set on an Audi for much longer, especially the 8P3 with the led DRL's. I don't cover many miles (between 5,000 and 7,500 per year I'd guess) so although a diesel will always be more economical I don't believe the distance I cover will make too much of a difference.

Anyway, I've had a brief search but I was wondering what I can look out for on the inspection and test drive? I am travelling a far distance and potentially spending a lot of money so I want to make sure I can give it a proper assessment because I don't want to end up buying a problematic car.

Spec: 2009 A3 S-Line 2.0 TFSi - 51,000 miles and 2 previous owners.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_ View Post
    Finally taking the plunge and going to buy an A3 after a year of deciding whether or not it makes sense to pay for a car each month when I have a 2004 MG that doesn't cost me anything with the exception of diesel and pride.

I could quite easily pay less for a better 'run-around' but I've had my heart set on an Audi for much longer, especially the 8P3 with the led DRL's. I don't cover many miles (between 5,000 and 7,500 per year I'd guess) so although a diesel will always be more economical I don't believe the distance I cover will make too much of a difference.

Anyway, I've had a brief search but I was wondering what I can look out for on the inspection and test drive? I am travelling a far distance and potentially spending a lot of money so I want to make sure I can give it a proper assessment because I don't want to end up buying a problematic car.

Spec: 2009 A3 S-Line 2.0 TFSi - 51,000 miles and 2 previous owners.

Thanks!
    Yo,

Hang fire, where is this car?

I for one would have no problem travelling locally to visually inspect a car for someone, prod + poke it etc to save them the hassle of driving all that way for a donkey.

Secondly, what MG have you got? I've got a 04 ZT CDTI for my run around, vastly underrated.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

6th Gear

Status
    As above, where is the car?
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Reverse Gear

Status
    The car is near London, my friend who is coming along convinced me to just get a flight down and save 5 hours driving so I've bought the tickets. And I realised I said 51k miles, its actually 49k (no difference, I know!). So I've committed myself to the journey, but I very much appreciate the offer to view on my behalf!

The MG in question is a '54 ZR TD+ 115. It's not a bad car, I think I'll always have a softspot for it but I just don't love it anymore.