Footwell lights stay on when headlights are on - Any ideas?

NME

Reaction score
Hi,

Ok, so I have this new 2011 S3 which I love, but as there are so many new things on it compared to my last one, I'm not sure what is meant to be and what isn't!

I'm not crazy right? The footwell lights are meant to go off and fade out after a few seconds right?

I've run a VCDS scan and it shows no errors (apart from it can't connect to the Tyre Pressure Module 4C).

Has anyone got any ideas on how to make these things turn off? They even stay on when the DRL's are the only lights on.

I have just fitted LED bulbs, but surely that wouldn't cause this - especially as VCDS shows no errors?

Help! It's like driving in a disco at the moment!

Ok, Ok, so I found the menu in the DIS.

Wow, quite a bit of new stuff in these new Audi's huh? I feel all spoilt and special with all of the new toys....

Coming from a pre-facelift 2007 car - its like night and day in some respects!

Hopefully any other purchasers of facelift Audi's can be spared the hassle of frantic VCDS scans by reading this post.

Check your new DIS - its awesome.

My A6 does this but my retrofitted footwells in my A3 don't but I want them to as I like the dimmed glow at nighttime.

My A6 does this but my retrofitted footwells in my A3 don't but I want them to as I like the dimmed glow at nighttime.

Yeah, I retro-fitted them in my last car, and loved them once I had them, but when I got the new one, I wasn't expecting a setting where you could leave them on like you say as a dim glow. I think it might take a bit of getting used to, but maybe a low 10% setting might be ok.

It just seems a bit weird when I've been used to all my light focus coming from outside the car whilst driving.

Could you post a pic of where you set them for when the car is on? ie driving?

Can't seem to find this in my DIS, I only get a setting for when the doors are opened. Do you have a VCDS output of your instrument cluster so I can see if the software differs (which I think it probably does :()

Mine -

Code:
Address 17: Instruments        Labels: 8P0-920-xxx-17-MY8.clb
   Part No SW: 8P0 920 982 CX    HW: 8P0 920 982 CX
   Component: KOMBIINSTR. VDO H20 0860  
   Revision: D0H20008    Serial number: 2254K008000078
   Coding: 0004458
   Shop #: WSC 21860 000 1048576
   VCID: 912D4D8A88A9D6903E2

No fault code found.

IMG_3031_zps3fa6c539.jpg~original

Did it definitely come from factory with the interior light pack?

Could you post a pic of where you set them for when the car is on? ie driving?

Can't seem to find this in my DIS, I only get a setting for when the doors are opened. Do you have a VCDS output of your instrument cluster so I can see if the software differs (which I think it probably does :()

Mine -

Code:
Address 17: Instruments        Labels: 8P0-920-xxx-17-MY8.clb
   Part No SW: 8P0 920 982 CX    HW: 8P0 920 982 CX
   Component: KOMBIINSTR. VDO H20 0860  
   Revision: D0H20008    Serial number: 2254K008000078
   Coding: 0004458
   Shop #: WSC 21860 000 1048576
   VCID: 912D4D8A88A9D6903E2

No fault code found.

IMG_3031_zps3fa6c539.jpg~original

Hi buddy,

It is under the same menu you have there on that picture above. When I reduce that 100% figure, it reduces the brightness of the lights in the footwell whilst my headlights are on - and it does not affect the doors or puddle lights.

If I reduce it to 0% then they go off whilst driving.

Mine is a 2011 model, will try and get more info when I hook it up to VCDS if you need it.

Thanks mate, didn't try adjusting when the headlights were on, only when the door was closed!

Will go out and try it now.

Ok so tried adjusting with the headlights on, doesn't make any difference :(

Not sure if it's because your cluster is newer, newer CE module or because my footwells are retrofitted, not factory.

Chris.

when I get a A3 over I will look into this for you, I have retro fitted on some and this feature has been added to my knowledge.

Thanks
Trups

Reactions: a6_chris
Thanks Trups, will be intrigued to see if any modification can be done.

Chris.

when I get a A3 over I will look into this for you, I have retro fitted on some and this feature has been added to my knowledge.

Thanks
Trups

Did you ever get a look at this mate?