AmD Tuning - Essex - Wednesday 7th August

T3KT0N1K

Reaction score
Don't suppose anyone's gonna be there on that day at all? Being new to the forum, would be nice to bump in to one of you guys.

I might be,or there's a chance the car will be....a lot of work planned.

Excellent! Would be awesome to meet you and your monster S3.

What've you got planned then?
Any idea what I can do with my self while I'm there? A whole day in Essex with no motor and no idea what to do...there's gonna be a whole lot of thumb-twiddling going on.

Excellent! Would be awesome to meet you and your monster S3.

What've you got planned then?
Any idea what I can do with my self while I'm there? A whole day in Essex with no motor and no idea what to do...there's gonna be a whole lot of thumb-twiddling going on.

how far you travelling there and what you having done ? :)

sure you will find something to do

Don't suppose anyone's gonna be there on that day at all? Being new to the forum, would be nice to bump in to one of you guys.

I will be there on the 7th of August! Just booked the car in for a map today!

Enzo: I'm gonna be traveling from Southampton. About 213 miles or so! After taking my car to the GTI International at having a Revo Stage 1, Revo induction and Forge recirculation valve, then frying my clutch on the 1/4 mile, I'm booked in at AmD Tuning for a Sachs clucth and Loba Single Mass Flywheel. That should do the trick, eh?

Wanton: Excellent stuff! What map you having done? Do you know Essex well?

Reactions: ENZO
Enzo: I'm gonna be traveling from Southampton. About 213 miles or so! After taking my car to the GTI International at having a Revo Stage 1, Revo induction and Forge recirculation valve, then frying my clutch on the 1/4 mile, I'm booked in at AmD Tuning for a Sachs clucth and Loba Single Mass Flywheel. That should do the trick, eh?

Revo Stage 1. They may be fitting a few bits as well but not decided yet. Nope don't know Essex at all. I was gonna put some films on my phone to keep me occupied lol.

im from Essex myself and right near there you have Lakeside shopping centre which is easily walkable distance so you can spend more money there haha

im from Essex myself and right near there you have Lakeside shopping centre which is easily walkable distance so you can spend more money there haha

Thats handy. At least I wont get boared then lol

Ditto Wanton! Well...I'll be window shopping if I'm honest. I've already blown the bank on this car, so I won't be carrying bags of shopping back to AmD :-/ I'll happily help you guys shop though. I love shopping!

::Disclaimer::

I am FULLY heterosexual. I just like new shiny stuff.

Wanton: How many miles has your car done? Have you had your clutch upgraded yet? Probably a good idea to budget for it.

Also, are any of you gamers? If so, you got PS Vita's? We could have a gaming sesh to pass the time. Just an idea.

Wanton: How many miles has your car done? Have you had your clutch upgraded yet? Probably a good idea to budget for it.

Also, are any of you gamers? If so, you got PS Vita's? We could have a gaming sesh to pass the time. Just an idea.

how much is the clutch costing?
i was thinking about going stage 1 soon but worried about the clutch as cars done 99k miles. Maybe you just had some pretty bad luck at gti international

Ditto Wanton! Well...I'll be window shopping if I'm honest. I've already blown the bank on this car, so I won't be carrying bags of shopping back to AmD :-/ I'll happily help you guys shop though. I love shopping!

::Disclaimer::

I am FULLY heterosexual. I just like new shiny stuff.

Haha love the disclaimer mate! I wont be doing anything apart from window shopping either gotta save for a fuel pump and exhaust. What time you going be there at? I am looking to arrive about 0830.

Luck had nothing to do with it. I took the cain out of the cupboard and gave that thing a damn good thrashing. In the interest of science you understand. It had absolutely nothing at all to do with releasing the dormant racer in me I swear!

My car's done over 86,000 miles and, to my knowledge, hasn't had a new clutch since it rolled off the production line (and I do have a pretty comprehensive history for the car). So it could've been a number of factors. But trust me on this, if you are inclined to up the power, you will be inclined to get your monies worth by going hard through the rev range. It's an addiction that comes with the mod. Even if you plan to take it easy on the car post-mod, and you stick to that plan, be prepared to replace the clutch and flywheel.

I'm having a Sachs Organic 550nm clutch and Loba single mass flywheel installed for £1,310 when I go to AmD Tuning. I think I may also have to have a release bearing replaced as well though for £60+ (as that appears to be the done thing).

Admittedly, I'm quite the novice in all of this, so I welcome any and all experienced modders to correct me if I'm wrong or over zealous in any way with anything I've said here.

Wanton: Probably about the same time as you. I mean, Ben at AmD said it'd take all day, so I figure I'll get there for opening time...ish.

how much is the clutch costing?
i was thinking about going stage 1 soon but worried about the clutch as cars done 99k miles. Maybe you just had some pretty bad luck at gti international

If you are thinking of changing your clutch and its OK at the moment speak to S3ALEX first. I believe I remember Alex saying he ran up to stage 2+ without changing clutch and it held out fine.

Luck had nothing to do with it. I took the cain out of the cupboard and gave that thing a damn good thrashing. In the interest of science you understand. It had absolutely nothing at all to do with releasing the dormant racer in me I swear!

My car's done over 86,000 miles and, to my knowledge, hasn't had a new clutch since it rolled off the production line (and I do have a pretty comprehensive history for the car). So it could've been a number of factors. But trust me on this, if you are inclined to up the power, you will be inclined to get your monies worth by going hard through the rev range. It's an addiction that comes with the mod. Even if you plan to take it easy on the car post-mod, and you stick to that plan, be prepared to replace the clutch and flywheel.

I'm having a Sachs Organic 550nm clutch and Loba single mass flywheel installed for £1,310 when I go to AmD Tuning. I think I may also have to have a release bearing replaced as well though for £60+ (as that appears to be the done thing).

Admittedly, I'm quite the novice in all of this, so I welcome any and all experienced modders to correct me if I'm wrong or over zealous in any way with anything I've said here.

If you got any questions S3ALEX is always willing to give advice. He has a 500+ BHP S3. Hes my hero!! lol

Reactions: S3Alex

Believe since you are spending that much on a clutch you might as well get the bearing as well mate!

Yea, your probably right Wanton. I've already come to terms with that. lol

S3Alex has been very helpful with advice for me too by the way.

Reactions: S3Alex
If you are thinking of changing your clutch and its OK at the moment speak to S3ALEX first. I believe I remember Alex saying he ran up to stage 2+ without changing clutch and it held out fine.

I had to change the stock clutch,but ran a Sachs organic up to 440lbs.

Southampton is only about 120 miles from AMD unless your'e driving round the M25 twice!!

Southampton is only about 120 miles from AMD unless your'e driving round the M25 twice!!

You're absolutely right. I'm not sure where the hell I was thinking of! I mean, I'm renowned for being absolutely diabolical when it comes to navigation (seriously, don't get in a car with me without knowing how to get to where you're going), but what I was remembering was an A - B Directions sourced from Google maps! Turns out though, having just searched again, it's 112 miles from me.

has anyone had the DPF delete & remap from AMD ?.....i need mine done, was thinking of Rick...but he's up near Manchester..:-(

has anyone had the DPF delete & remap from AMD ?.....i need mine done, was thinking of Rick...but he's up near Manchester..:-(

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I trust them to do all of the work on my car.