Slippery When Wet (Picture Heavy)

ceetaji

Reaction score
Hi all, I thought it was about time I gave a little back to the forum after being entertained and educated for many years. I would have started a build thread when I purchased my first Audi back in November but I only had it for two weeks before, well…

In short, going slow and steady did not win the race that day. I simultaneously managed to be engulfed by a tidal wave thrown up by an articulated lorry from another lane and drive into a mini lake on the M5. Resulting in me spinning 180° across 3 lanes into the concrete central reservation, bouncing back 2 lanes into oncoming traffics, being hit by an Mercedes E class doing 70mph head on, spinning another 180° back across the motorway towards the hard shoulder before the car finally came to a standstill thanks in part to due to the hard shoulder barrier that we were now impaled on. Fun times!

Later the police would advise us to remain in the cars due to the poor weather conditions, so we did. Fast forward an hour, the traffic had started picking up speed again. Feeling unsafe the poor bloke who collided with me and I decided it would be safer to sit in his car further up the motorway. It was bigger, had less damage and hopefully people would have spotted mine and slowed down a smidge? Apparently not because within 60 seconds of getting into the Mercedes we were hit by another which had lost control. Any later and the I dread to think what would have happened to us both!

A minute later, the traffic was gridlocked and the articulated lorry driver that the car had hit into, whilst out of control, was running down the M5 shouting obscenities because the car was speeding excessively. You couldn’t make it up. It was a very surreal start to the day.

All’s well that ends well though. All involved were relatively unharmed, and it could’ve been considerably worse considering it was at rush hour, thankfully it was only an E class Mercedes that hit me and not anything bigger!

So a big thank you to my Audi (R.I.P.) for saving my life, and an even bigger apology to all those in the local area that were held up because of the above!

And now for you picture whores. The ones on the motorway were taken an hour after the incident when the car was being recovered by my friends AA assistance, so thankfully you can see it as the rain had stopped, along with the second car that hit the side of the Mercedes.

Attachments

• IMG_2371.jpg
    IMG_2371.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2372.jpg
    IMG_2372.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2375.jpg
    IMG_2375.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2377.jpg
    IMG_2377.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 109
  • P1030354.jpg
    P1030354.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 125
  • P1030355.jpg
    P1030355.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 108
  • P1030360.jpg
    P1030360.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 142
​Welcome back to audi-sport.net. :) x

Sounds like a fun day... but bit of t-cut and ya wont notice that knock!

Reactions: Ironborn
​Welcome back to audi-sport.net. :) x

Thanks Sandra :)

Sounds like a fun day... but bit of t-cut and ya wont notice that knock!

Haha, if only! My girlfriend asked me what it felt like and what I thought of, anticipating a 'my whole life flashed before my eyes' response. It wasn't, my first thought was '******, this isn't going to polish out'. I was right :crying:

Omg scary stuff, unlucky mate. The police actually told you to stay in the car? I find that a bit odd.

...but bit of t-cut and ya wont notice that knock!

You beat me to that comment, its got to be said :laugh:

Good to hear everyone was relatively unscathed ... looked nasty from those pics! Another A3 on the cards next?

The thread title got me a little excited for a min.

Glad yor ok and the Audi did a good job of keeping you safe, best thing about these cars!

Haha, if only! My girlfriend asked me what it felt like and what I thought of, anticipating a 'my whole life flashed before my eyes' response. It wasn't, my first thought was '******, this isn't going to polish out'. I was right :crying:

Haha yeh that reaction sounds right.

Lol yeh leeds agreed!

Omg scary stuff, unlucky mate. The police actually told you to stay in the car? I find that a bit odd.

On reflection I thought the same too, but thankfully nothing worse happened!

You beat me to that comment, its got to be said :laugh:

Good to hear everyone was relatively unscathed ... looked nasty from those pics! Another A3 on the cards next?

Second A3 purchased, my bad luck followed me though so I now have this predicament. Can anybody help please? http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...d-somebody-help-not-just-anybody-heeeelp.html :shrug:

The thread title got me a little excited for a min.

Glad yor ok and the Audi did a good job of keeping you safe, best thing about these cars!

I'll never stray from German cars. I liked them before but I have a new level of appreciation for their engineering and design!

Awesome negative camber!

Haha, I wouldn't advise trying to replicate it :sadlike:

I would still be at the Side of the Road, Weeping uncontrollably... Shame to see an A3 in this condition... However when you think about it, Many members here may benefit from your car after it's been through a Breakers....

I would still be at the Side of the Road, Weeping uncontrollably... Shame to see an A3 in this condition... However when you think about it, Many members here may benefit from your car after it's been through a Breakers....

The great circle of life :thumbsup: