S-line fog light surrounds in S3 bumper.

wanton

Reaction score
Hi All,
I bought some s-line fog light surrounds thinking they would fit an S3 bumper. I have taken the old fog light housing out and it looks like the s-line surrounds have different mounting points. Has anyone had any experience of fitting the s-line housings on an S3 bumper? If anyone has was it a pain to modify the housings to fit?

Before anyone asks the s-line surrounds are made of a shiny black plastic (my cars is phantom black) and that's why I wanted to try and fit them as the S3 standard fog light surrounds are a dish water dull matt grey colour lol.

If nobody has done the swap then I will obviously just get the S3 ones sprayed black instead. Only problem with this is that obviously the paint will be prone to chipping so was trying to avoid this by getting the s-line fog surrounds fitted instead.

Cheers.

You could try plastidip. It's a rubbery texture and people do wheels with it, so it should have excellent resistance to chipping. Also, if you don't like it then you can just peel it off.

Reactions: wanton
I don't understand mate, it's not possible, completely different shape. It's like trying to modify an Audi A4 bonnet to fit an A3. I had mine sprayed gloss black for 80. Holding up pretty well.

I don't understand mate, it's not possible, completely different shape. It's like trying to modify an Audi A4 bonnet to fit an A3. I had mine sprayed gloss black for 80. Holding up pretty well.

Yeah that's what I am gonna have to do or try my hand at plastidiping.

I painted ours gloss black & they're still in very good condition, no issues.

I painted ours gloss black & they're still in very good condition, no issues.

I know this is a very old thread. But just wanted to ask what you painted them with and how long did they last? Thanks