Bit of advice claiming through warranty

Napbree

Reaction score
You may of remembered a thread a few weeks ago about my DMF + Clutch.

Well I made the claim to warrantydirect on Friday and to cut a long story short they've spoke to the garage basically telling them that I need to get it into the garage so they can get the flywheel out, take pictures of it and send it to them.

One caveat, they've said if the flywheel has any burn marks (resulting from the clutch being dropped) then they won't pay out, resulting in me needing to fork out for a DMF + Clutch + Labour involved which is easily going to be £800+.

My question is, this is a second hand car, and they knew that when they "insured" it, so how the hell can they try and say they won't pay out if it was done by a previous owner, this is not something I would of known about + it's done almost 90k on the same clutch and flywheel, so I'd be surprised if it didn't!?

Thoughts / advice?

Last edited:
Just make sure there's no burn marks, buy the garage owner dinner?

Even if I wanted to do that, I couldn't as he has to send photos to them + warrantyd has engineers all over the country that could drop in...

Grid you get it on finance?
4 months is an incredably short amount of time for a clutch to last. How many miles have you done in it

Even if I wanted to do that, I couldn't as he has to send photos to them + warrantyd has engineers all over the country that could drop in...

They're moving the goalposts, no harm moving them back to where they belong!

PHOTOS CAN BE EDITED

I'd personally not discuss this on a public forum - who knows who could be reading it? Question is did you drop the clutch and potentially cause damage?

Grid you get it on finance?
4 months is an incredably short amount of time for a clutch to last. How many miles have you done in it

Well they're not insuring the Clutch neccesary, it's the DMF that they insure, it's just they come as a "package".

I've done over 10k in the 4 months.

I'd personally not discuss this on a public forum - who knows who could be reading it? Question is did you drop the clutch and potentially cause damage?

I'm discussing their terms... I haven't dropped my clutch or anything and that's why I want to know how much ground I can stand if they do find any damage.

god job its not my old DFM
it looked like id used it as a BBQ

If you got it on finance the finance company are liable for repairs for 6 months under the supply of goods act 1973 as you haven't owned the car long or done a lot of miles it should not be needing these repairs

I didn't get the car on finance - it's an 07 plate so it's not like it's a new car!

Any majour repairs needed within 6 months fall on the garage. Regardless of warrenty. Trust me I just claimed for a set of injectors off the garage I brought my car from and I've had it 14 months

Well when it was a private sale, I think it's going to be a hard sell trying to get a garage to pay out!

Wait... You bought the car Privately with 90k miles on the clock & now expect Audi to pay out for "general wear & tear"? 10k miles is the equivalent of 1 year of motoring for the average driver.

I withdraw my previous comment because I don't personally think you stand a snowball in hell's chance of winning this dispute, but i may be proven wrong & wish you all the best with your endeavour.

Haha, I think of myself as a bit of a chancer, but even I wouldn't try that.

I took out warranty with warrantydirect, cost me £500 for 13 months.

Oh, and if i'm being pedantic, I bought the car with 78k on the clock, i've put the rest on since i've had it!

warranty direct are **** end of

warranty direct are **** end of

Well that's what the gamble was and I knew this when I took it out, but if they pay out even half i'll of made my money back so here's hoping.

Haha, I think of myself as a bit of a chancer, but even I wouldn't try that.

I took out warranty with warrantydirect, cost me £500 for 13 months.

Oh, and if i'm being pedantic, I bought the car with 78k on the clock, i've put the rest on since i've had it!

Pedantic is the best way to deal with Chancers. It took you this long to tell the whole story despite your wordy first post. You seem to be trying it on with us too! Which I don't get.

Pedantic is the best way to deal with Chancers. It took you this long to tell the whole story despite your wordy first post. You seem to be trying it on with us too! Which I don't get.

Fair point, I wasn't trying to hide anything from anyone. I thought I had summed it up well in the post but looking back at it now, I should of specifically mentioned warrantydirect.