167bhp 2.0 TDi breaks cover

cosmicblue

Reaction score
From Fleet News today:

"Ultimate Altea
1 December 2005
SEAT has taken the wraps off its sporty Altea FR prior to it going on sale in the UK in March.

The FR (for Formula Racing) is powered by a 2.0-litre, 167bhp TDI turbodiesel engine. The FR is differentiated by a restyled front bumper with lower air intake and titanium-coloured door mirror housings.

There is a black diffuser at the back and the car rides on 17-inch alloy wheels. Prices will be announced closer to launch."

Given that the TDi is rated at 140 bhp, but most are reckoned to be between 144 and 155 bhp as standard 167 really isn't a big deal.

[ QUOTE ]
Given that the TDi is rated at 140 bhp, but most are reckoned to be between 144 and 155 bhp as standard 167 really isn't a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah,but if you do the same maths, (between 3% and 10% more) the 167 will really put out around between 172 and 184.

but thats what REVO are obtaining anyway ? Seat trying to play Catch up ?

No, I've got 187 bhp and 293lb ft, soon to be 200bhp and 300lb ft.

Interesting about the piezo injectors though, it will be interesting to see what we can get out of the engine.

Maybe that will lead to a Quattro DSG diesel at last!

cupra r version of the tdi would be really interesting ;-) 200bhp?

spoke to my stealer today (whilst getting quotes for my repairs) and he has that there is no news of a higher output 2.0tdi.

However, he's off to Germany next week and said he will keep an eye out for any news and for an S3 or RS3 as well.

Me too... off to Ingolstadt next week so I'm keeping my eye open for anything out of the ordinary.....

mm the good ole RS 3 S3 debate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif LOL !!!

They need to Stick a 300 BHP 300 LBS Torque engine in the A3 Quattro and then there will be something happening /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

the 3.2 V6 needs more power i can floor it all the time and its a tad boring as its so good for weight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Give us 300 BHP + in the A3 PLEASE !!!

[ QUOTE ]
spoke to my stealer today (whilst getting quotes for my repairs) and he has that there is no news of a higher output 2.0tdi.

However, he's off to Germany next week and said he will keep an eye out for any news and for an S3 or RS3 as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty remarkable considering that 6 months ago VW unveiled the Golf GT with the same engine. Goes into production at the end of this year and will be available in the UK next Spring.

[ QUOTE ]
pardon?

[/ QUOTE ]

The new Golf GT has 2 engine variants, one a 2.00 TDI with 170 PS (167bhp), and one with a 1.4 turbo-super-charged engine delivering the same output (but not torque, of course).