Tire sizing for Speedlines with stretch

Tdp

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm due 4 new tires on my a3 with bbs speedline wheels an I'm just curious as to what tire size would give a nice stretch but nothing too crazy!
I've not seen many pictures of the Speedlines with stretched rubber on so if anybody can direct me to some that would be great thanks

Depends on what wheel size and width you're running...............

I haven't had the wheels off to check as I've not long had the car, but my current tire size is 225/35/18 if that's any help?
im a total noob to this sorry :shrug:

If they are 18s I would guess at 7.5J. 215 35 should give you a nice stretch. Just remember the wheels will look smaller so ou will really need to drop it down to get a nice look.......

Thanks for that, I've got some coilies on order and then it's just the spacer sizing then

can i ask what the advantages of 'stretching' tyres please?

Thanks, Jon.

Looks and added element of risk. Not ideal.

But the OP didnt ask IF he should do it........... :yes:

And can go that little bit lower without/reducing rubbing.

True James, I was toying with the idea. Gonna have a think about it today before making a tire order :yum:
Been trawling through the speedline refurb posts for some inspiration as well ;)

Great work!!! I think these wheels are a great OEM look!

Thanks. I would NEVER attempt this again though. EVER.

Haha not one for the faint hearted??
Im thinking a nice gun metal for my wheels as I think it looks good on the akoya silver.
Time will tell

Thanks. I would NEVER attempt this again though. EVER.

I saw the original thread you put on here regarding the work you put into those wheels. Hard work definitely paid off, they look absolutely spot on!

Haha not one for the faint hearted??
Im thinking a nice gun metal for my wheels as I think it looks good on the akoya silver.
Time will tell

Gun Metal Grey/Anthracite is always a good shout with lighter colours such as Akoya Silver.

Reactions: JamesS4cab
Yea I was thinking that leeds2592 and I thought it would also tie in with my already fitted privacy glass and soon to be my11 rear lights :)