Badger5Sky Insurance

Thread: Help please

Neutral

Status

Help please

Hi there I'm new on here I'm looking for advice on how to remove the rear bumper from my 2007 3 door a3 I had a slight mishap the other night and reversed into a bollard it's pushed the bumper in a bit and broken my rear light so i'am looking to remove the bumper and try to push it back out until I can source another bumper i'am hoping to get a my 09 bumper as i'am hoping to get a set of my 09 rear lights and I've also just bought a set of 17" 5 arm alloys I think they are called which i'am going to get refurbished in the same colour as the black edition alloys

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Pics of damage?

Removal requires long sockets, some black bluetak type stuff to hold onto the nuts when removing or they will drop into the void, iirc a T27 torx headed bit & some elbow grease.

Remove both lights, inside the boot top back corners there is either a cover or a hole, behind this are some black plastic nuts 13mm size, be careful not to drop these in the void, wiggle the sides of lights out of there ball joint type rubber sockets away from the car, don't pull on them towards back of car as this will snap the ball ends of.

There's some torx headed bolts/screws under where the lights were sat, they're now revealed when lights removed, take these out.

Then undo 2 screws underneath bumper, then undo the torx screws in wheel arches, then there are 2 x 10mm nuts that are sunken into the part the boot lid closes down onto, look for the holes on the back boot wall, get a torch & look through, this is where the bluetak type stuff is needed on end of socket to make sure when the nut is undone, that removal doesn't drop it into the void, also helps to put it back in place.

Reverse of above to do back up, but if its coming of again soon, don't bother refitting all, just the side screws, underneath & the ones under lights for now are adequate.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Hi thanks for the reply I'am going to attempt to fix it this week i'll try and take a picture tomorrow I've not uploaded a picture on here before but I'll give it a shot the bumper has a couple of splits in it but i'am hoping I can push the dent out and use a touch up pen so it's not so obvious til I can source a replacement