DPF - Delete Down Pipe - is it worth it?

theo289

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been having an awful lot of issues from my DPF delete and Stage 1 remap so i'm not thinking of getting rid of the down pipe from the car: Milltek DPF-Delete Hi Flow Downpipe - JBS

Is it worth it? What would people recommend and more importantly - does anyone have a video of something like this? :happy:

Thanks!

I did that with JBS and gains were obvious but more smoke were an issue to me and bit more smell while sat in traffic for too long.

My previous car with no DPF

Last edited by a moderator:
I did that with JBS and gains were obvious but more smoke were an issue to me and bit more smell while sat in traffic for too long.

My previous car with no DPF

What kind of gains did you get? Looking at them online and just thinking of getting one as i get rid of the empty DPF tank :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean you're having problem with the remap & the DPF fitted?

Just gut the DPF & get a stage 1 DPF delete, I've not tried JBS myself but not heard great things about them, personally I'm running a Shark stage 1 & am happy with it.

Do you mean you're having problem with the remap & the DPF fitted?

Just gut the DPF & get a stage 1 DPF delete, I've not tried JBS myself but not heard great things about them, personally I'm running a Shark stage 1 & am happy with it.

i think i've had a shobby dpf delete - keep on getting an awful lot of juddering from the vehicle. went to GTI inters last weekend and it all points towards the map. so i thought why not just get the down pipe as well :)

If you are after a downpipe and fancy a trip across the bridge then I highly recommend Charlie at ProSpeed exhausts

Pro-Speed Exhausts

he did the exhaust on my old car and the work is superb. I got my current DPF delete pipe elsewhere as I had it at cost but I wouldnt hesitate to go back to him for any future work

Can I just say you will get more smoke after a DPF delete......as you haven't got the filter in place to catch all the smoke. If its alot worse especially when cold then you may have to look at getting your injectors set up properly as this has been known to cause this issue.

just gut internals out and weld it back up and map it out ecu that's what i do at the garage. id avoid going for straight through pipe as it can actually fail a mot if there is no dpf to be seen especially when getting mot at main dealer there getting more and more strict on what they fail on now, even down to silly things like if you have headlight washers they have to work otherwise it fails just personal experience and less hassle in the long run