GALA - bingo

• Thread starter imported_hburnett
  • Start date
I

imported_hburnett

Guys.

Just been reading the stereo manual - sad life I lead, and there's a description of getting to the GALA menu on the headunit - Symphony/BOSE. But it doesn't seem to be there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif. Have you guys got the same problem or can you tell me how to get it back?

Cheers H

If you have Bose it isn't there, it adjusts the volume with a microphone isntead of via speed pulse on the non bose cars.

[ QUOTE ]
My Bose system seems to make doodley squat difference to the volume...

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise for my A3/Bose/DVD Nav

My last A4 Cab had Bose and DVD Nav and the GALA functions were enabled in the Sound menus.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I keep having to turn the damn thing up myself! Quite annoying. Going to have to see Mr Audi.....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is very noticable, has a little bit of lag, so stop at the lights and then listen for the music to go quiet.

Same here.

You can't have GALA with BOSE. GALA is some German acronym for speed dependant volume which is only available with non BOSE cars. (I had a BOSE A4, again with no GALA)

BOSE has its own DNC (dynamic noise compensation) system which is noise level dependant. It responds to ambient noise in the cabin, not speed. (the manual says 'GALA' - not available with BOSE)

Maybe you play crap music that the BOSE doesnt like ;-) ? Mine makes a huge difference even turning up/down with a change in road surfaces.

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you play crap music that the BOSE doesnt like ;-) ? Mine makes a huge difference even turning up/down with a change in road surfaces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well on the music front I have varied tastes - from Miles Davis to Lemon Jelly via Purcell, Gluck and Radiohead - but each to their own - however I'm beginning to think the Bose system has a fault - 'cos like I said - makes squat diffence to volume levels...

[quoteI'm beginning to think the Bose system has a fault - 'cos like I said - makes squat diffence to volume levels...

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, i think i'm gonna have to get mine seen to as well... Think it might have flu!