Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    GavConner's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cleckheaton
    Posts
    52

    Rear passenger door lock has a mind of its own

    Hi guys

    I’ve got a strange problem with my rear passenger door

    When using the key fob all the doors open about 90% of the time. The other 10% the rear passenger door lock has a mind of its own and stays shut.

    I thought it might be the battery and swapped it and it started to work fine.

    Then after a few month my wife opened the car using the key (Not the remote)
    I took the key to work and our spare key had no battery so she went old school and used the key ……. It only opened the three doors but not the rear passenger door.

    When I got home I used the key fob and again it started to work fine.

    Until last week it started to play up again

    After doing a bit of research I thought it was a faulty door lock.

    So I ordered a used on from ebay and fitted it this weekend ……. Works perfect for 2 day as an then …….. its not working again.

    Strangely, if I give the key fob a double unlock click it will open the rear door …… but this not all the time maybe 50/50

    Its annoying me and also dangerous as that door is used for my 2 month old daughter .

    Any advice or help would be appreciated !!!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    26,773
    Check the door rubber for any broken wires.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  4. #3
    GavConner's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cleckheaton
    Posts
    52
    Thank you for the reply !

    Where about's should I check ?

    Within the door or the rubber bit in-between the door and the body ??

  5. #4
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    26,773
    Not being funny fella, but I did state door rubber.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  6. #5
    GavConner's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cleckheaton
    Posts
    52
    Sorry,

    Just thought the door might have many rubbers inside it

    I'll check, thanks !

  7. #6
    GavConner's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cleckheaton
    Posts
    52
    Well, I've checked the rubbers and they are perfect

    Any other ideas ????

  8. #7
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    26,773
    Door lock would be my next port of call, ideally I would get someone with vcds & do some diagnostic tests with the measuring blocks to see what the door lock is showing as a state when open, closed etc, if you get no comms with the rear door then its wiring which would explain why its not unlocking as no can signal to action upon.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  9. #8
    GavConner's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cleckheaton
    Posts
    52
    I've replace the lock and it that has not worked.

    So I'll get it into the garage and do some diagnostic tests with the measuring blocks

    Thank you

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Rear wiper has a mind of its own
    By A3Craig in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2nd February 2013, 20:47
  2. Rear passenger door locking
    By lscolman2 in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th March 2011, 14:57
  3. Sunroof has a mind of its own
    By adamgroves in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12th August 2004, 19:57
  4. Petrol gauge has a mind of its own
    By PaulBelsham in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 16th July 2004, 10:37
  5. My clock has a mind of its own
    By Kevint in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30th October 2003, 12:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO