Volks AutosSky Insurance
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TDI140
  • 1 Post By TDI140

Thread: Goin halfords at 3pm what wax/ polish should i get ? I want the car to be shiny

5th Gear

Status

Goin halfords at 3pm what wax/ polish should i get ? I want the car to be shiny

What wax or polish should i get for my car i will wash it wish auto glym shampoo that i have its green and does a very good job but want the shine to last, whats available at halfords thats good and dont want cheap shiz
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

2. # ADS
    ADS

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Whatever you get to wax/polish make sure you get some Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax too.
    Excellent for a quick top up of your wax after washes and between proper full on waxes (if you can be bothered to do them).

Comes as a spray. One panel at a time... spray on... wipe in... wipe off. You're left with a very good shine and proper smooth paintwork to the touch. Takes about 10-15mins to do the entire car.

Halfords sell it but not sure for how much. Eurocarparts do it for about £11.

Get involved!

Avantee

Status
    they do a most of the Autoglym line in halfords I think. SRP is always a nice polish to use, I use that with their extra gloss protection and works well.

A4 Avant B7

LED Rear Lights - Mesh Grill - SLC Splittler - Ice White Fogs - Tints - Devil Eyes - Ambient lighting - LED interior

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Autoglym super resisin, then finish off with Zymol wax cleaner.

then a quick detailer. DONE.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

5th Gear

Status
    1. wash with super resin that i already have
    2. Apply wax
    3.and get some meguirs and use that to finish it off ?

Ill get couple pics up after ive done it because its filthy at the moment lol
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

5th Gear

Status
    Whats the best thing to use when applying wax ? As in what do i apply it and rub it in with ?

Avantee

Status
    meguiars foam applicators are good for wax mate

A4 Avant B7

LED Rear Lights - Mesh Grill - SLC Splittler - Ice White Fogs - Tints - Devil Eyes - Ambient lighting - LED interior

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by B7_FUR View Post
    meguiars foam applicators are good for wax mate
    easy to use ? And what cloth should i use to rub it in. ??

1st Gear

Status
    Get yourself over on detailing world mate! More than enough advice over there!

You would be better ordering products offline that going to halfords, theres alot better products out there!

5th Gear

Status
    Need them today as i work during the week and dont have tome after work due to goin gym etc etc so today is the day to washhh it and sparkle it up

Sick & Wrong.

Status
    Agree with Ads on the Quik Wax, top job for a quick spruce up.
    I always go for the AutoGlym Ultra Deep Shine polish, works really well with dark cars
    then follow up with AutoGlym Extra Deep Gloss sealant, does the job for me.
    Put on and off with a good microfibre cloth.
    A3 S Line Quattro in Phantom Black.​ Shark Stage 1.
    Crimson & Black Leather Seats.
    BBS CHs wrapped in GoodYear UltraGrip 8's.
    Diamond Vision Lights with LED sides. 6 CD Changer. Rain & Light Pack. Auto Dimmer Mirror.
    S3 Pedals. De-Badged. Auto Folding Wing Mirrors. Ice White Fogs. ​Heko Wind Deflector.

Avantee

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI140 View Post
    easy to use ? And what cloth should i use to rub it in. ??
    yeah I find the applicators good. Just buff with a good
    microfibre, if you've got a bandq near you check that out as they do good Kent microfibres and also sometimes have 3for2 on car care and usually stock autoglym range.

If you're washing car today find a shady spot, nothing worse than polishing and waxing in direct sun!!

A4 Avant B7

5th Gear

Status
    image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

Washed, waxed and mint !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    sliced likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Looks excellent, I like those wheels too. Nice car!

Avantee

Status
    Top job mate. Car looks very smart.

what did you go for in the end?

A4 Avant B7

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieronboz View Post
    Looks excellent, I like those wheels too. Nice car!
    Thanks mate

Went for dodo juice wax and the maguirs wax spray stuff and detailer with micro fibre cloth came out proper shiny and smooth

1st Gear

Status
    I use the muc-off shampoo. It's in a pink bottle. Very good stuff and leaves a very nice finish, to top off I usually use auto Glym aqua wax after every wash and buff it off, best wax i've found for the money is auto Glym hd wax

XFi
    2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add XFi on Facebook Visit XFi's Youtube Channel
    The Zymol shampoo's at Halfords are brilliant, good price, sudsy, slick and cheap! I find the foam applicators don't last very long. I still have my autoglym HD wax and original applicators after three years and they look good as new. HD wax is also brilliant but can be bought for much less online.

Audi S3 8P3 Stage 1

Avantee

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkevs View Post
    I use the muc-off shampoo. It's in a pink bottle. Very good stuff and leaves a very nice finish, to top off I usually use auto Glym aqua wax after every wash and buff it off, best wax i've found for the money is auto Glym hd wax
    big fan of MucOff they had in on offer in screw fix a while back £2 for 500ml. Found it lasts ages, streak free and foams really well

A4 Avant B7

5th Gear

Status
    Auto glym shampoo and conditioner streak free finish thats what i washed it with came up proper smooth when running my hand accross it

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Looks wicked man,
    but did you miss out clay bar?
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks mate
    Clay bar is long job plus didnt have clay bar but my mate has used it on my car few time hes a veleter doesn a good job but lives a little far to travel and do my car
    sliced likes this.