Badger5Volks Autos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Rns-e retrofit cost?

1st Gear

Status

Rns-e retrofit cost?

Hey I'm looking at getting a ball park figure of how much roughly it would cost for rns-e to be retrofitted to my car with the upgraded areal.

I have an a3 2.0tdi and the only optional extra at the moment is a cup holder.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Rough guide for price of units...

MK1 RNS-E £350
    MK2 RNS-E £450
    Plug&Play loom (for use with pre 2007) - £30
    Aerial Upgrade Kit - £150

Then plus the labour of fitting, around £100 mark for both RNS-E and Aerial upgrade.

I wouldn't even both with the aerial upgrade, I've only ever came across one instance which has required the upgrade.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks what's the different between to mk1 and nk2 unit

Status
    Searching would reveal that however,

Main improvements in the MK2 is that it has a much better screen resolution and supports a High Capacity SD Cards.

1st Gear

Status
    Ok. Sorry I'm at work do only have time to glance at the replys and not search the net. Is there any facias I'm going to need as I currently have concert 2 installed

2nd Gear

Status
    Sounds like you've got single din arrangement then? You'll also need a double din cage swap plus a either a new aircon unit or a modification to the existing one due to it having to move down... Oh and some messing about with your buttons and facia too...
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phil_w View Post
    Sounds like you've got single din arrangement then? You'll also need a double din cage swap plus a either a new aircon unit or a modification to the existing one due to it having to move down... Oh and some messing about with your buttons and facia too...
    how bigger modifications to the ac?

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    pm NHN on here he will sort it for you.
    NHN likes this.

Status
    If you have a Concert II you wont need a Double DIN conversion. Is your stereo a Single DIN or Double DIN?

1st Gear

Status
    Well I think it's a concert 2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373109505.073632.jpg

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_c99 View Post
    Well I think it's a concert 2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373109505.073632.jpg
    That's a concert single din, I'd recommend ringing up local breakers off of eBay, and getting a cage, maybe even the full lot with buttons etc,

Mine cost me less than 500 going from same set up as yours

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Mikemc, I'm looking to upgrade to Rns-e from Symphony 2 double din, Bose setup no Mfsw 2007 A3 2.0tdi. I've PM NHN & I've been quoted £650.00 without the aerial upgrade. I can get the MK 2 2013 RNS-e for £400.00.
    Do you know of any others supplying & fitting??
    P.s was looking through google & this post cam up. & I read your answers
    cheers

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    £400 for a 2013 RNSE Mk2........now Im not playing devils advocate here but at that price theres something not quite PC......Do your research on the unit and whoever is selling it coz I reckon that could be nicked......if its from a mates car or whatever then no problem but at that price 9 times out of 10 its dodgy...very dodgy.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

1st Gear

Status
    It was £500.00 sorry, not £400.00 This guy that's selling them is a business, not just a john dough. There's another guy selling for £550.00 & the ad says all his units have been checked by the police hmmm! From what I have heard it's just plug n play. I have heard lots of people saying the same. I don't know NHN at all, but I've heard he's the go to guy, but £650.00 is a bit strong seeing as I can get an almost new unit for £500 & pop it in. If NHN is selling the units for £500.00, I don't know that he is? But £150 then is a huge lump for installation.
    I'm beginning to lose interest.
    I'm absolutely sick to my back teeth of Audi! Nothing & I mean nothing is straight forward with them. They're a bit like Apple! Your tied! & Everything costs a flaming bomb.
    Rant over lol!
    Can you shed any light on the subject?/
    cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    I have no idea what nhn charges for labour
    But that's his work why moan about what he's charging you
    Or so it yourself plus it's not just pluging it in some needs wirking looms etc etc
    NHN likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    You already see prices up this post, including looms etc so really NHN is only charging 100ish labour if that.
    Dont forget he knows these cars inside out and wont be damaging your interior with his tools trying to get the radio out, or frying something by incorrect wiring. Also is that him coming to you at your convenience?
    NHN likes this.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leecool View Post
    It was £500.00 sorry, not £400.00 This guy that's selling them is a business, not just a john dough. There's another guy selling for £550.00 & the ad says all his units have been checked by the police hmmm! From what I have heard it's just plug n play. I have heard lots of people saying the same. I don't know NHN at all, but I've heard he's the go to guy, but £650.00 is a bit strong seeing as I can get an almost new unit for £500 & pop it in. If NHN is selling the units for £500.00, I don't know that he is? But £150 then is a huge lump for installation.
    I'm beginning to lose interest.
    I'm absolutely sick to my back teeth of Audi! Nothing & I mean nothing is straight forward with them. They're a bit like Apple! Your tied! & Everything costs a flaming bomb.
    Rant over lol!
    Can you shed any light on the subject?/
    cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The price you were given by NHN is very good, for that you get his skills and expertise. His work is first class as you will have no doubt read on the forum. The choice is yours, good advice on this matter is free, taking it is optional.
    NHN likes this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

6th Gear

Status
    You mean a concert II+

Quote Originally Posted by jb0o View Post
    If you have a Concert II you wont need a Double DIN conversion. Is your stereo a Single DIN or Double DIN?
    NHN likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Do it yourself, it is really easy....
    Yolo_8p3 likes this.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Lee with respect, you have forgotten about a few things or not understood.

I quoted you to fit on your doorstep, you're in wales for a start, it will cost me about £80-£100 in fuel alone without even considering the time to drive there & back which is basically half a day, cost of the bridge, so take that of the price, then allow for the fact it was to install where you wanted, within reason that is (Jersey isn't included my units are not stolen, they come from a reputable source I've always used & they always work & new condition.

Yes ebay is cheaper, but lets be frank, that magical 2yr warranty the offer is nothing after 45 days of paypal claim period, they're not interested, as I have had to fix problems for multiple people who have bought from ebay.

I warranty my work & the parts I fit & the Police have no way of checking any such units & the ebay guy is full of shxt, the police wouldn't check them at all, so I would steer clear of this person.

In reality, prices I charge IMHO & others have told me are very fair considering the cost of parts from audi alone, you pay for what you get, I take pride in the installs I do & make sure it is done to the letter, to date I don't recall a client whose been unhappy with the work.

I'm at a loss tbh how you summise, based on your pricing, that £150 including fuel, bridge, food, travel etc is expensive, its beyond me.

I know other companies charging a lot more than me aswell & they don't do the jobs properly.
    Last edited by NHN; 5th September 2013 at 18:18.
    jdp1962, Dannykn9, sliced and 3 others like this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    I can highly recommend NHN, always first class professional work whatever I have had retro fitted.
    NHN likes this.
    B6 S4 4.2L V8 Cabriolet Black Manual Quad Milltek Non Res

1st Gear

Status
    as said earlier its pretty straight forward job just do it yourself all you need is the cage for the ac and the loom rest is all plug and play

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry to hijack but has all the rnse mk2 got a gloss black surround ? As that wouldn't go with my brushed aluminum interior?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny1985 View Post
    Sorry to hijack but has all the rnse mk2 got a gloss black surround ? As that wouldn't go with my brushed aluminum interior?
    No not all mk2 have the gloss surround

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Wouldn't worry, still looks good with alum interior

1st Gear

Status
    Hi NHN, please forgive me, I wasn't trying to bash you. I'm fairly new to the forum & don't know who does what who charges this etc.
    I was totally unaware that you travel sorry, I have heard so many different explanations for fitting. So many people have told me it's plug n play as I have no extras on the car. Also I have had people who have lots of extras, just popping it in and all is well inc Mfsw. All I have is a Parrot BT linked to my Symphony & an ipod. I shall chat to the missus (boss) & see if I can squeeze some extra funds.
    Please accept my apology if I offended, it wasn't intended.

"Cruise My Ride"

Status
    IMHO it is not cool to talk about prices installers have quoted in the open forum! NHN is good at what he does, and is also reasonable in price. What he quoted to you, he may quote different to someone else depending on journey time, fuel costs etc, but discussing openly on the forum could lead to a debate from other customers, who do not take into consideration his extra expenses.

So please, to everyone, in future please keep prices quoted by us installers private, and if you feel it is too much or too cheap, then this can be discussed with an explanation through PM.
    jdp1962 and NHN like this.
    VCDS Owner-North London/Enfield
    " To Cruise Is What I Do"

1st Gear

Status
    In my defence, I'm new to all this!
    I didn't know NHN comes to your door as I wasn't told! I was only asking for help, It's difficult when other users share their input & when you try to leave a post meant for someone else, other users see your predicament & try to help. This is the great thing about forums, everyone thinks differently & can share their experiences whether it be good or bad, funny or sad. Not everyone has the same issues with their vehicles, so forums like this one spread the knowledge to help others.
    I apologised for putting my foot in it & hope to use NHN in the near future. If I'm forgiven?????

4th Gear

Status
    I didn't know NHN comes to your door as I wasn't told! I was only asking for help, It's difficult when other users share their input & when you try to leave a post meant for someone else, other users see your predicament & try to help. This is the great thing about forums, everyone thinks differently & can share their experiences whether it be good or bad, funny or sad. Not everyone has the same issues with their vehicles, so forums like this one spread the knowledge to help others.
    I apologised for putting my foot in it & hope to use NHN in the near future. If I'm forgiven?????
    Hey m8, this is the best forum I'm on. Fantastic folk on here that like the banter and are willing to answer the same question over and over again as new users come on
    Yes Audi parts are expensive but ur paying for quality
    If u search for RNSE on here ul find the same names cropping up or advice and installs.
    All highly recommended by other users on here
    Oh and when u get an RNSE unit fitted ul see how it will finish off ur dash
    Sandra likes this.
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status

I didn't know NHN comes to your door as I wasn't told!

I'm all good just needed stating a few things that had been overlooked & I did advise it would be fitted at your location :P

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_c99 View Post
    I have an a3 2.0tdi and the only optional extra at the moment is a cup holder.
    lol ouch
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannykn9 View Post
    IMHO it is not cool to talk about prices installers have quoted in the open forum! NHN is good at what he does, and is also reasonable in price. What he quoted to you, he may quote different to someone else depending on journey time, fuel costs etc, but discussing openly on the forum could lead to a debate from other customers, who do not take into consideration his extra expenses.

So please, to everyone, in future please keep prices quoted by us installers private, and if you feel it is too much or too cheap, then this can be discussed with an explanation through PM.
    I don't understand this post surely the whole point of the forum is that the community can share information ?
    That information is also financial so I would actually encourage people to indicate the costs so that we can benefit from a rough idea of these costs.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I don't understand this post surely the whole point of the forum is that the community can share information ?
    That information is also financial so I would actually encourage people to indicate the costs so that we can benefit from a rough idea of these costs.
    The information is getting shared, the whole point here about the financial side of things is that the site sponsors and those that do retrofitting work have to factor in travel costs, etc. this should be discussed through private message as prices will vary depending on each individual job. x
    NHN and Dannykn9 like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    That's something I agree with of course the price will be different for each person due to travel costs etc but knowing what someone in Glasgow was charged for something would give me a good idea of what it would cost me since I live 30 miles from there. All I was saying is the sharing of the information should be encouraged and not hidden just because someone fears being questioned over a quotation.

Status
    That's something I agree with of course the price will be different for each person due to travel costs etc but knowing what someone in Glasgow was charged for something would give me a good idea of what it would cost me since I live 30 miles from there. All I was saying is the sharing of the information should be encouraged and not hidden just because someone fears being questioned over a quotation.
    Let me ask you a question. Would you like to have Your hourly rate for your job on an open forum? I very much doubt that you would. Its encouraged to keep all financial arrangements to private messages.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Sandra
    I really hadn't meant to stir up anything but to answer your question I am not a trader I am an employee so I doubt my hourly rate would be of interest, however I did have my own garage business at one time and our hourly charge out rate was clear as it should be for a trader.

Status
    Hi Sandra
    I really hadn't meant to stir up anything but to answer your question I am not a trader I am an employee so I doubt my hourly rate would be of interest, however I did have my own garage business at one time and our hourly charge out rate was clear as it should be for a trader.
    The forum is here to primarily share information with other like minded individuals. All financial arrangements are between the op and the person he is asking to do the job for him. Please respect thats how it works.

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Sandra
    I agree with this fella what's the so secret thing about?
    sliced likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    i sort of agree too.
    maybe traders should do a price list for all retro fitted items, then give a travel cost,
    ie.
    basic cost to supply and fit: RNS-E mk2 is £xx
    Cruise control £xx

Then within 10 miles £xx
    20 miles £xx
    30-50 miles £xx

so then people have a rough price of what to expect,
    also if traders put where they are in the country people know who's nearest.

if you get my drift
    Yolo_8p3 likes this.

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 03 View Post
    i sort of agree too.
    maybe traders should do a price list for all retro fitted items, then give a travel cost,
    ie.
    basic cost to supply and fit: RNS-E mk2 is £xx
    Cruise control £xx

Then within 10 miles £xx
    20 miles £xx
    30-50 miles £xx

so then people have a rough price of what to expect,
    also if traders put where they are in the country people know who's nearest.

if you get my drift
    I see where you are coming from but not every trader will do this. And it's not particularly hard to PM a few traders to get a couple of prices and make your decision from that.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast