Rns-e retrofit cost?

Patrick_c99

Reaction score
Hey I'm looking at getting a ball park figure of how much roughly it would cost for rns-e to be retrofitted to my car with the upgraded areal.

I have an a3 2.0tdi and the only optional extra at the moment is a cup holder.

Thanks

Rough guide for price of units...

MK1 RNS-E £350
MK2 RNS-E £450
Plug&Play loom (for use with pre 2007) - £30
Aerial Upgrade Kit - £150

Then plus the labour of fitting, around £100 mark for both RNS-E and Aerial upgrade.

I wouldn't even both with the aerial upgrade, I've only ever came across one instance which has required the upgrade.

Ok. Sorry I'm at work do only have time to glance at the replys and not search the net. Is there any facias I'm going to need as I currently have concert 2 installed

Sounds like you've got single din arrangement then? You'll also need a double din cage swap plus a either a new aircon unit or a modification to the existing one due to it having to move down... Oh and some messing about with your buttons and facia too...

Sounds like you've got single din arrangement then? You'll also need a double din cage swap plus a either a new aircon unit or a modification to the existing one due to it having to move down... Oh and some messing about with your buttons and facia too...

how bigger modifications to the ac?

pm NHN on here he will sort it for you.

Reactions: NHN
Well I think it's a concert 2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373109505073632

Hi Mikemc, I'm looking to upgrade to Rns-e from Symphony 2 double din, Bose setup no Mfsw 2007 A3 2.0tdi. I've PM NHN & I've been quoted £650.00 without the aerial upgrade. I can get the MK 2 2013 RNS-e for £400.00.
Do you know of any others supplying & fitting??
P.s was looking through google & this post cam up. & I read your answers
cheers

£400 for a 2013 RNSE Mk2........now Im not playing devils advocate here but at that price theres something not quite PC......Do your research on the unit and whoever is selling it coz I reckon that could be nicked......if its from a mates car or whatever then no problem but at that price 9 times out of 10 its dodgy...very dodgy.

It was £500.00 sorry, not £400.00 This guy that's selling them is a business, not just a john dough. There's another guy selling for £550.00 & the ad says all his units have been checked by the police hmmm! From what I have heard it's just plug n play. I have heard lots of people saying the same. I don't know NHN at all, but I've heard he's the go to guy, but £650.00 is a bit strong seeing as I can get an almost new unit for £500 & pop it in. If NHN is selling the units for £500.00, I don't know that he is? But £150 then is a huge lump for installation.
I'm beginning to lose interest.
I'm absolutely sick to my back teeth of Audi! Nothing & I mean nothing is straight forward with them. They're a bit like Apple! Your tied! & Everything costs a flaming bomb.
Rant over lol!
Can you shed any light on the subject?/
cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what nhn charges for labour
But that's his work why moan about what he's charging you
Or so it yourself plus it's not just pluging it in some needs wirking looms etc etc

You already see prices up this post, including looms etc so really NHN is only charging 100ish labour if that.
Dont forget he knows these cars inside out and wont be damaging your interior with his tools trying to get the radio out, or frying something by incorrect wiring. Also is that him coming to you at your convenience?

It was £500.00 sorry, not £400.00 This guy that's selling them is a business, not just a john dough. There's another guy selling for £550.00 & the ad says all his units have been checked by the police hmmm! From what I have heard it's just plug n play. I have heard lots of people saying the same. I don't know NHN at all, but I've heard he's the go to guy, but £650.00 is a bit strong seeing as I can get an almost new unit for £500 & pop it in. If NHN is selling the units for £500.00, I don't know that he is? But £150 then is a huge lump for installation.
I'm beginning to lose interest.
I'm absolutely sick to my back teeth of Audi! Nothing & I mean nothing is straight forward with them. They're a bit like Apple! Your tied! & Everything costs a flaming bomb.
Rant over lol!
Can you shed any light on the subject?/
cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

The price you were given by NHN is very good, for that you get his skills and expertise. His work is first class as you will have no doubt read on the forum. The choice is yours, good advice on this matter is free, taking it is optional.

Lee with respect, you have forgotten about a few things or not understood.

I quoted you to fit on your doorstep, you're in wales for a start, it will cost me about £80-£100 in fuel alone without even considering the time to drive there & back which is basically half a day, cost of the bridge, so take that of the price, then allow for the fact it was to install where you wanted, within reason that is (Jersey isn't included :) my units are not stolen, they come from a reputable source I've always used & they always work & new condition.

Yes ebay is cheaper, but lets be frank, that magical 2yr warranty the offer is nothing after 45 days of paypal claim period, they're not interested, as I have had to fix problems for multiple people who have bought from ebay.

I warranty my work & the parts I fit & the Police have no way of checking any such units & the ebay guy is full of shxt, the police wouldn't check them at all, so I would steer clear of this person.

In reality, prices I charge IMHO & others have told me are very fair considering the cost of parts from audi alone, you pay for what you get, I take pride in the installs I do & make sure it is done to the letter, to date I don't recall a client whose been unhappy with the work.

I'm at a loss tbh how you summise, based on your pricing, that £150 including fuel, bridge, food, travel etc is expensive, its beyond me.

I know other companies charging a lot more than me aswell & they don't do the jobs properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdp1962, Avnt, sliced and 3 others
I can highly recommend NHN, always first class professional work whatever I have had retro fitted.

as said earlier its pretty straight forward job just do it yourself all you need is the cage for the ac and the loom rest is all plug and play:thumbsup:

Sorry to hijack but has all the rnse mk2 got a gloss black surround ? As that wouldn't go with my brushed aluminum interior?

Wouldn't worry, still looks good with alum interior :)

Hi NHN, please forgive me, I wasn't trying to bash you. I'm fairly new to the forum & don't know who does what who charges this etc.
I was totally unaware that you travel sorry, I have heard so many different explanations for fitting. So many people have told me it's plug n play as I have no extras on the car. Also I have had people who have lots of extras, just popping it in and all is well inc Mfsw. All I have is a Parrot BT linked to my Symphony & an ipod. I shall chat to the missus (boss) & see if I can squeeze some extra funds.
Please accept my apology if I offended, it wasn't intended.

IMHO it is not cool to talk about prices installers have quoted in the open forum! NHN is good at what he does, and is also reasonable in price. What he quoted to you, he may quote different to someone else depending on journey time, fuel costs etc, but discussing openly on the forum could lead to a debate from other customers, who do not take into consideration his extra expenses.

So please, to everyone, in future please keep prices quoted by us installers private, and if you feel it is too much or too cheap, then this can be discussed with an explanation through PM.

Reactions: jdp1962 and NHN
In my defence, I'm new to all this!
I didn't know NHN comes to your door as I wasn't told! I was only asking for help, It's difficult when other users share their input & when you try to leave a post meant for someone else, other users see your predicament & try to help. This is the great thing about forums, everyone thinks differently & can share their experiences whether it be good or bad, funny or sad. Not everyone has the same issues with their vehicles, so forums like this one spread the knowledge to help others.
I apologised for putting my foot in it & hope to use NHN in the near future. If I'm forgiven?????:asskicking:

I didn't know NHN comes to your door as I wasn't told! I was only asking for help, It's difficult when other users share their input & when you try to leave a post meant for someone else, other users see your predicament & try to help. This is the great thing about forums, everyone thinks differently & can share their experiences whether it be good or bad, funny or sad. Not everyone has the same issues with their vehicles, so forums like this one spread the knowledge to help others.
I apologised for putting my foot in it & hope to use NHN in the near future. If I'm forgiven?????:asskicking:

Hey m8, this is the best forum I'm on. Fantastic folk on here that like the banter and are willing to answer the same question over and over again as new users come on :)
Yes Audi parts are expensive but ur paying for quality :)
If u search for RNSE on here ul find the same names cropping up or advice and installs.
All highly recommended by other users on here :)
Oh and when u get an RNSE unit fitted ul see how it will finish off ur dash :)

Reactions: Sandra

I didn't know NHN comes to your door as I wasn't told!

I'm all good :) just needed stating a few things that had been overlooked & I did advise it would be fitted at your location :p

IMHO it is not cool to talk about prices installers have quoted in the open forum! NHN is good at what he does, and is also reasonable in price. What he quoted to you, he may quote different to someone else depending on journey time, fuel costs etc, but discussing openly on the forum could lead to a debate from other customers, who do not take into consideration his extra expenses.

So please, to everyone, in future please keep prices quoted by us installers private, and if you feel it is too much or too cheap, then this can be discussed with an explanation through PM.

I don't understand this post surely the whole point of the forum is that the community can share information ?
That information is also financial so I would actually encourage people to indicate the costs so that we can benefit from a rough idea of these costs.

I don't understand this post surely the whole point of the forum is that the community can share information ?
That information is also financial so I would actually encourage people to indicate the costs so that we can benefit from a rough idea of these costs.

The information is getting shared, the whole point here about the financial side of things is that the site sponsors and those that do retrofitting work have to factor in travel costs, etc. this should be discussed through private message as prices will vary depending on each individual job. :) x

Reactions: Dannykn9 and NHN
That's something I agree with of course the price will be different for each person due to travel costs etc but knowing what someone in Glasgow was charged for something would give me a good idea of what it would cost me since I live 30 miles from there. All I was saying is the sharing of the information should be encouraged and not hidden just because someone fears being questioned over a quotation.

That's something I agree with of course the price will be different for each person due to travel costs etc but knowing what someone in Glasgow was charged for something would give me a good idea of what it would cost me since I live 30 miles from there. All I was saying is the sharing of the information should be encouraged and not hidden just because someone fears being questioned over a quotation.

Let me ask you a question. Would you like to have Your hourly rate for your job on an open forum? I very much doubt that you would. Its encouraged to keep all financial arrangements to private messages. :)

Reactions: Dannykn9 and ex911driver
Hi Sandra
I really hadn't meant to stir up anything but to answer your question I am not a trader I am an employee so I doubt my hourly rate would be of interest, however I did have my own garage business at one time and our hourly charge out rate was clear as it should be for a trader.

Hi Sandra
I really hadn't meant to stir up anything but to answer your question I am not a trader I am an employee so I doubt my hourly rate would be of interest, however I did have my own garage business at one time and our hourly charge out rate was clear as it should be for a trader.

The forum is here to primarily share information with other like minded individuals. All financial arrangements are between the op and the person he is asking to do the job for him. Please respect thats how it works.

Hi Sandra

I agree with this fella what's the so secret thing about?

Reactions: sliced
i sort of agree too.
maybe traders should do a price list for all retro fitted items, then give a travel cost,
ie.
basic cost to supply and fit: RNS-E mk2 is £xx
Cruise control £xx

Then within 10 miles £xx
20 miles £xx
30-50 miles £xx

so then people have a rough price of what to expect,
also if traders put where they are in the country people know who's nearest.

if you get my drift:thumbsup:

Reactions: Yolo_8p3
i sort of agree too.
maybe traders should do a price list for all retro fitted items, then give a travel cost,
ie.
basic cost to supply and fit: RNS-E mk2 is £xx
Cruise control £xx

Then within 10 miles £xx
20 miles £xx
30-50 miles £xx

so then people have a rough price of what to expect,
also if traders put where they are in the country people know who's nearest.

if you get my drift:thumbsup:

I see where you are coming from but not every trader will do this. And it's not particularly hard to PM a few traders to get a couple of prices and make your decision from that.