Can I test my Oem diverter valve? (Dump valve)

SCHOLESY83

Reaction score
Hi,

got the flutter sound happening when letting off the throttle, so took my diverter valve off ready to replace with new one. Is there a way I can perform a check on my old one? I've noticed these are electronically controlled and not working off a vacuum hose as I used to see in turbo cars.

cheers.

yes pull the top off and check the rubber for splits damage

Did that, rubbers fine? So does that mean the valves fine? Why else would I be getting this flutter noise all of a sudden when I lift off throttle?

with out hearing it i cant say
have you got another DV to try ?

I'm on stage 2+ and every time I change get it sounds like a turkey is underneath 😆 I didn't do it on the stock map

what air filter are you running ?
2+ will kill the non revised DV prety quick

I'm running the neuspeed p-flow, I have the revised dv one of my first mods

My car makes a dump valve type sound on gear change/lift off, i'm running ITG CAI. From what i've read it's normal. My old Evo did the same when i was running the standard DV.

Running the Rev G DV.

with out hearing it i cant say
have you got another DV to try ?

Unfortunately no, I've had to order a new one from Audi. But concerned this valve may not be the fault:(

Is there a way i can test the operation of this valve and make sure the solenoid is working, plug it back in whilst unfitted and start rev the car? or put 12volts across the terminals or something??

log with VCDS and check diagnostic it usually brings up 'Faulty DV' or similar wording

:)