mechatronic unit out of warrenty- advice needed

romnarz

Reaction score
my car is jerky when setting off or parking etc -have been diagnosed a faulty mechatronic unit which needs to be replaced and is out of warranty. Vehicle is 09 model ( Audi A3 FFSI SPORT 1.8 Petrol) and only done 38000 miles. My local Audi have said they will replace for £900 (half of original price) as good will gesture from Audi. I understand that the S tronic transmission is guaranteed for ten years ( 100,000 miles )in some countries. I am inclined to contact to Audi customer service UK direct for a bigger contribution to cover the cost. Unit should not fail at this point bearing in mind the first gearbox oil change is still not due till 40,000 miles. Has anyone else had similar problems ?

Welcome to the site.

Yes definitely contact audi uk with your case, with such low miles I think you have a case for better goodwill tbh mate, US now has 100k warranty in mech units, its a ****** joke we don't get it aswell considering they are known to be flaky at times, but its strange as I'm sure yours is an stronic & they were relatively good for mech units afaik, but do push the point of low miles & get some data on others with issues on the mech unit.

have written initial letter already- thanks- I have found others that have similar problems, sometimes still in warranty but its difficult to judge the numbers I'm a novice at negotiating the posts/threads

There legal legislation which required audi to cover any parts that have failed for 6 years as long as the car is within a reasonable state and you can show them it shouldn't fail. I'm in the process of fighting the garage I brought my car from 13 months ago and they may be replacing my injectors for free. When I get home il get the name of the legislation to quote. And send it to you.

That would be usefull -the dealership that has offered good will price of £900 is one near me but not the one i got the car from

paid cash -brought from Audi main dealer about four and a half yrs ago with 3.000 on clock, they were a bit mysterious about history, think it was a demonstrator.