Slow/Sluggish acceleration?! Introductory Servicing

Persian

CEO
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So as the title; today I realised slow sluggish acceleration (gear 1) it's a 04 sport 1.6 full service about 3/4 months ago!

I have never done anything under the bonnet no experience at all, what are some sort of intro servicing that I could do? I was thinking perhaps oil and filters are bad which affect the acceleration?

Any help highly appreciated

Thanks, Persian

Is it a recent development? not the most powerful engine to begin with though. If it was serviced 3/4 months back were the fuel filter and Air filter Plugs etc changed?

Is it a recent development? not the most powerful engine to begin with though. If it was serviced 3/4 months back were the fuel filter and Air filter Plugs etc changed?

Yh its recently been acting like such, the changes made were fuel filters and plugs however I was informed by a mechanic (friend) that the oil isn't good enough?

Sometimes the lack of power in acceleration disappears and it feels really punchy! Not sure what the cause of this could be.

Also worth telling, seems that upon acceleration today I needed more gas otherwise felt as if it was about to stall!

Do I need to proceed with a scan? Or perhaps a possible maf sensor cleaning?

If you could scan it yes I have cleaned my maf with electrical contact cleaner or you could disconnect it but that will bring up your fault light which would be a pain if you don't have a means to reset it

If you could scan it yes I have cleaned my maf with electrical contact cleaner or you could disconnect it but that will bring up your fault light which would be a pain if you don't have a means to reset it

Iam borrowing friends to scan so hopefully that should help, thanks for the response and help 😊

(first timer) mechanical question about maf sensor!!

So I managed to find the maf sensor on sline 1.8 engine and unplugged it cleaned it and everything works much better. However I intended to do the same on my 1.6 and there are some problems:

First of all the 1.6 doesn't seem to have the panel filter box like the s line and as it seems the filter is under the engine cover if I'm correct?

Firstly I wanted to make sure if Its safe to unplug everything attached to the engine cover so that I could change the filter and secondly where abouts is the maf sensor? As I literally can't find it.

Thanks in advance