my a3 2.0tdi has the strangest problem

David280585

Reaction score
its a 2005 sportback 2.0 bkd
now the issues,
  1. alarm goes off when stood
  2. randomly says boot open then when i drive off its ok and rear wiper decides to work only when driving
  3. traction only light comes on randomly and turns itself off after cycling ignition
  4. the clocks went fully off while driving for 5 seconds then turned back on
  5. cruise control works when it wants 95% time its ok
ive stripped the bootlock but there different on the sportback 1 sealed unit,
no signs of leakage in there anyway

the battery looks fairly old so will be changing this,
ive checked every fuse

im at my witsend with the car

any suggestions?

Scan with vcds?

ive done it flags approximatelt 40 codes saying lost connection with interface,
ive ordered a new boot switch from audi,going o try this and a new battery and see where i go from there

How olds your battery? Could be that whilst your having issues with pretty much everything electrical lol, and the rear wipers are common to leak on the A3 so check for damp around the rear

thanks for the reply mike,
its an original battery,and ive checked the rear wiper all is perfectly dry and connected,no signs of leakage at all around there

thanks for the reply mike,
its an original battery,and ive checked the rear wiper all is perfectly dry and connected,no signs of leakage at all around there

new battery hasn't cured it, will try boot switch on friday

Had a polo that did strange stuff, windows wouldn't work, head unit would go off, turn off then back on all would got ok but pretty much everything electrical was playing up, had it in vw at 80 pounds for an hours labour they said it was alternator, changed that still did it. I then sold the car to a friends dad who found the clocks to be playing up, he changed the clocks and hey presto all good. Have you had it plugged into vag com?

Logged codes shown on here, would help your request for help.

fixed

bootcatch caused every issue £35 new from the stealers