Fitting 8P3 (3-door) facelift rear light clusters to an 8P2

-Keith-

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a set of facelift 8P3 Magnetti Marelli rear light clusters to fit to my 57 plate 8P2. I have been told these are plug and play and will work straight away, although will need coding as they will throw up a warning/error. Is this correct? Can't try it out for the next couple days as the first thing I did when I collected the car yesterday was drop it straight in to Audi for a cambelt/waterpump.

The new clusters came with no lamps, and I 'think' they are slightly different to the 8P2 in terms of the lamping. All lamps should be transferrable, although I think the later clusters incorporate a 5w/12v wedge type somewhere in there, as per this picture:

thumb.php

What function (indicator/brake/reverse) does this perform... I need to know so I can buy the right colour (clear or orange).

Any help appreciated!

3dr cars don't need any coding, pnp.

Hi NHN, thanks for the fast reply.

So they should plug and play without any errors or warnings? The previous owner warned me to expect this... But he could have been wrong. I'm assuming from your signature you know your 5h1t!

Thank you for chiming in.

Yeah as long as oem lights then 3dr lights can be swapped between 3dr cars, with only lhd/rhd cars swapping sides for reverse & fog as such.

How much will a set of rear lights cost these days mate?
been planning to get facelift rear lights myself :D

easy to fit? Or would I need to pay a garage to do it?

will

If yours is a 3dr then they're a piece of **** to fit, one lug on the back which is got to in the boot and then you just need to carefully prise and wiggle them out as they are also held in by two little lugs which just pop out.

Couldn't tell you the price of them though.

On a seperate note, what are Magnetti Marelli rear lights? Never heard of them.

We are an official sponsor of the forum & we sell the 3dr rear lights & the 5dr supply/fit, if interested, ping us a Pm for prices.

Thanks for the advice guys looks like I will be saving for some rear lights =]
surprised that they are only held in place by 1 lug lol

cheers

They're held in place by 3 fixings, 2 ball joint push fittings on the sides & the plastic fairly good nut inside, does the job very well.

Thanks for the advice guys looks like I will be saving for some rear lights =]
surprised that they are only held in place by 1 lug lol

cheers

M112 001

My11 004

Top pic shows thread on the right which is accessed via the boot and the 2 lugs on the left which push/pull into the body work.Only know this as I've just put these MY11 lights in.

My11 002

Magnetti Marelli are a famous lighting company / supplier to many bike/car manufacturers.

Not sure if they are OEM for any VAG cars but they are a good brand nonetheless.

Magnetti do make these for audi.