Favour....

ShaunS3

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
Regional Rep
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can someone do me a massive favour and grab me the dimensions of your 8P dashboard?

I am looking into doing a dash conversion as a project but firstly, i need to see how far out it is from the project car so i can warrant its feasibility and the cost of purchasing an 8P dash.

Below is a pic of the measurements i need:

T2eC16hHJGYE9nookQNvBQ8qKfns60 1

Thanks in advance :)

Shaun.

Can't help you with dimensions as I don't have a tape measure handy. But, I've seen it is possible with a MK1 TT dash in an 8L, so good luck mate.

Reactions: ShaunS3
Can't help you with dimensions as I don't have a tape measure handy. But, I've seen it is possible with a MK1 TT dash in an 8L, so good luck mate.

Yeah i've seen the TT dash in the 8L, looks very well. Although i would like to try the 8P dash as i have a few other plans for that particular dash that wouldn't be possible on the TT dash if that makes sense.

Thanks for your reply anyway :)

Yeah i've seen the TT dash in the 8L, looks very well. Although i would like to try the 8P dash as i have a few other plans for that particular dash that wouldn't be possible on the TT dash if that makes sense.

Thanks for your reply anyway :)

What you got in mind? I've seen the double din conversion on the TT dash too, however it's very expensive when I saw it, may have come down in price tho. If you haven't had a reply with measurements I will be happy to help, I'm at work at the moment for 4 nights until I go home to a measuring tape. Pester me in 4 days until I get you your measurements if no one else helps you out.

What you got in mind? I've seen the double din conversion on the TT dash too, however it's very expensive when I saw it, may have come down in price tho. If you haven't had a reply with measurements I will be happy to help, I'm at work at the moment for 4 nights until I go home to a measuring tape. Pester me in 4 days until I get you your measurements if no one else helps you out.

Just a few little tweaks that will be revealed upon installation pics if i go ahead with it - Can't be releasing my top secret mods now can i or everyone will be jumping on the band wagon haha.

I plan to fit an RNS-E to the centre console which of course will be alot easier with the 8P dash.

Thanks for your offer though, i will speak to you in 4 days :)

Shaun.

Right been out in the rain to do this LOL:

1. End to end of dash: 134cm
  2. Front of grab handle trim to rear of center trim (behind handbrake): 84cm
  3. Center depth (from screen to center vents) approx: 43cm
  4. Height of the door shut area: 27cm
  5. Width/depth of door shut area: 14cm
  6. Gear knob trim front width: 15cm
  7. Footwell to grab trim: 14cm

All measurements are very rough.
Hope that helps, try and trackdown the technical drawings for the car.

Reactions: ShaunS3 and chris.vincent3
Right been out in the rain to do this LOL:

1. End to end of dash: 134cm
  2. Front of grab handle trim to rear of center trim (behind handbrake): 84cm
  3. Center depth (from screen to center vents) approx: 43cm
  4. Height of the door shut area: 27cm
  5. Width/depth of door shut area: 14cm
  6. Gear knob trim front width: 15cm
  7. Footwell to grab trim: 14cm

All measurements are very rough.
Hope that helps, try and trackdown the technical drawings for the car.

What a leg-end going to do this in the rain for me - cheers fella!

I have tried looking for the technical drawings but could only find exterior :(

Thanks again.

Shaun.

What a leg-end going to do this in the rain for me - cheers fella!

I have tried looking for the technical drawings but could only find exterior :(

Thanks again.

Shaun.

The exterior dimensions keep the internal trim in proportion, so using the outer measurements and some photos, many internal meaurements can be calculated from just one or two body measurements :)

Reactions: ShaunS3
The exterior dimensions keep the internal trim in proportion, so using the outer measurements and some photos, many internal meaurements can be calculated from just one or two body measurements :)

Dunno why I didn't do that myself from the comfort of my desk rather than getting rained on *doh*