ahhhhhh, quattro.

onianbag

Reaction score
i've had my 3.2Q for a year now and can say i've aways wondered how good the quattro system is, because its kind of like a silent partner. last night when arriving home to find my whole street completely frozen solid, there was 40k's worth of mercedes in front of me trying without fail to get up the hill. after waiting for him to try 3 times and every time sliding back down to the bottom, I took immense pleasure in passing him and flying up first time - no problems at all.

so to sum up, no its not just a word on the end of the model inscription - quattro actually does work!!!!

Audi have shown how good it is with their RS4 driving up a ski jump ramp. Shame it can't help you when you need to stop.

Today my car is being serviced so I've got a loaner from the stealer. To my delight it's a Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line.

The quattro came in handy for my drive to work this morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The new turbo engine is great as well - I could be persuaded to change from diesel back to petrol. It's just difficult when you've got used to nearly 50mpg.

Incidentally, no knocks or rattles from the loan car - build quality seems very good. Maybe audi have sorted it out now?

[ QUOTE ]
i've had my 3.2Q for a year now and can say i've aways wondered how good the quattro system is, because its kind of like a silent partner. last night when arriving home to find my whole street completely frozen solid, there was 40k's worth of mercedes in front of me trying without fail to get up the hill. after waiting for him to try 3 times and every time sliding back down to the bottom, I took immense pleasure in passing him and flying up first time - no problems at all.

so to sum up, no its not just a word on the end of the model inscription - quattro actually does work!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

AHHH just the same here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Its just great, blasted to me ole mans at 6.00 am this morning, icy roads, overtok a few (as you do) not a foot wrong, just brilliant, so pleased i got shot of teh Subaru WR1 and bought a 3.2 Quattro DSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

I had a 2.0T DSG SLINE (company car) from may till 3 weeks ago and that was a lovely jubly car, really nice engine, fast etc etc.
Changed my job a couple of weeks ago and have bought myself a 3.2Q SLINE DSG and it really is the dogs danglies.. awsome.... Initially I thought the difference was not that great between the two...until I drove it for a few hours that was.....WOW so quick and sticks to the road like a cheap suit on a moss bross salesman !!!!!.
The quattro system is awesome !!!!...The engine is loosening up a bit now
and has more growl now.grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

LOL this is more like the A3 3.2 Quattro Owners club LOL !

Hey welcome to the site del,

Ive had mine for nearly a year now, and is stunning round a track, everything is standard as it does not need to be upgraded.

Cheers Sline,
I have been a member for a while but i barely ever post, i read your reviews a while ago on your track exploits !!! lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif it helped make up my mind in going for the 3.2 !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think it's great that you had a wr1 ( a beast of a machine ) but really appreciate the Audi, I mean, you know what performance is !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

cheers del, nice words mate,
if the WR1 was quicker off the mark i would still have it now (probably- if the brakes didnt keep siezing up)

THe 3.2 is just up my street, Instant power from tickover, Not making much difference if i use the launch control or just floor it from tickover /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif still the same instant take off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Brilliant Car, perfectly balanced as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Shame it can't help you when you need to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that mean?

It means that quattro has no effect when it comes to improving your stopping distances, so all those people happily booting around in slippery conditions because of all that luvverly 4wd traction still won't be able to stop any faster than the fwd models. Just something to bear in mind, I guess.

Spot on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

LOL the Quattro can stop better than a WR1 !!!

Just look at teh disks on the 3.2 Quattro !!! Flippin Massive !!!!

If you have bought any other car you would have to Upgrade them ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

True, quattro gives you extra traction in slippery conditions, but it doesn't matter how big or small the disks are when you're on an ice rink. Even a car with bicycle brakes will lock a wheel on the icy stuff.