Advice on selling my A3

mark88

Reaction score
I need to sell my A3 before the end of Feb next year. I have 2 options: I can either sell it before Xmas, or I can sell it in February. I won't be able to use the car much at all in the first two months of the new year for reasons I'd rather not go into so I'm thinking it might be better to sell before christmas. Is either time a good or bad time to sell?? Selling in feb means it will just be before the 06 plate(mine is 55), but xmas isn't exactly the best time to be selling a car is it?

I'd also appreciate some advice on what I should expect. The car is as follows:

2006 A3 2.0TDi Quattro Sport S-Line
Brilliant Black
Full Votex Body Kit
BOSE
Cruise Control
Centre Armrest
Parking Sensors

900+ miles, 55 plate, purchased from Gilder Audi in Sheffield, no outstanding finance. As you can see from the low mileage, I clearly don't deserve to own this car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I paid just under £24k and this was with a 6% discount on list. What should I ask for selling private? and what could I expect cash price from a dealer?

A3 S-line with a Votex Kit is still by far the best looking hatchback on the roads IMO! Even though I'm selling if I were to be in the market for a hatchback again, it's the only one I'd buy!

Nice car.

Right engine, right colour and the right spec.

There are hardly any used quattros about at the moment, the handful the main dealers have are between £20-22k.
So for a private sale I would guess you will get around £20k on a good day, but maybe £18-19k if you need to mive it quickly.

I sold my 9 month old A3 tdi S-Line, with everything on it including Nav+ for £21k and it invoiced at £28,500.

You want to call round the delaers though and ask them to underwrite it for you, one of them may have someone who wants a car now and they may be prepared to buy it from you for £21k and sell it on for a quick grand.

Here is a 55 plate at Aston Green Audi...

2005 55 Reg AUDI A3 2000 cc TDi Sport 5 Door, Aston Green Audi Manual, 5 Door Hatchback, Diesel, 1,000 miles, Silver, 1 Owner(s), VAT Qualifying Vehicle,Alloy wheels,7.5Jx18 5-arm design,BOSE sound system,Customised fitting by quattro GmbH,Front centre armrest,Xenon headlights. £22,050(trade)

£ 22,050

And one at Northampton...

Audi A3 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line (New Model)
3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Diesel, 9,000 miles, Silver, Anti-lock brakes,Driver/passenger seat height adjustment,Driver, passenger and side air bags,Alarm,18in alloy wheels,Remote central Door locking,Climate control,Driver information system,Electric/heated Door mirrors,Front electric windows,Front/rear head restraints,Power-assisted steering,Radio/cd,Split rear seat,Electronic stability programme,Rake/reach adjustable steering column/wheel,Immobiliser,Front fog lights,Sports seats,Heated Door mirrors,Isofix,BOSE Sound System,vienna leather/cloth interior, 4WD. Private registration is not staying with the vehicle. Free delivery within uk mainland. £22,295.

[ QUOTE ]
So for a private sale I would guess you will get around £20k on a good day, but maybe £18-19k if you need to mive it quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd have to be a slate short of a roof to sell for £18k+

The bad news is you can get £2K plus off a brand new A3 if you haggle with the dealers.

Both those cars above available for sale second hand will drop easily £1500, possibly £2k again if you haggle with the dealer. It's a slow time of year so bargains are available. I always try to buy my cars dec/jan as it's the easiest time to get a deal.

Dealers still have thier margins to make so I would say you might get £20K trade but I would have thought it more likely to be £19K but it's worth phoning round lots of audi dealers you might get lucky.

This isn't going to be helped by the time of year, before christmas is bad, after christmas is also bad! Selling privately could be problematic, not a lot of people are willing to splash £20K plus cash on a private sale. Although some people are...

Good luck either way.

J.

Hi martin. I definitley am selling, it's just a question of when!

Although, the more I drive the car the more I wanna keep it!! I've emailed you.

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a 55 plate at Aston Green Audi...

2005 55 Reg AUDI A3 2000 cc TDi Sport 5 Door, Aston Green Audi Manual, 5 Door Hatchback, Diesel, 1,000 miles, Silver, 1 Owner(s), VAT Qualifying Vehicle,Alloy wheels,7.5Jx18 5-arm design,BOSE sound system,Customised fitting by quattro GmbH,Front centre armrest,Xenon headlights. £22,050(trade)

£ 22,050

And one at Northampton...

Audi A3 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line (New Model)
3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Diesel, 9,000 miles, Silver, Anti-lock brakes,Driver/passenger seat height adjustment,Driver, passenger and side air bags,Alarm,18in alloy wheels,Remote central Door locking,Climate control,Driver information system,Electric/heated Door mirrors,Front electric windows,Front/rear head restraints,Power-assisted steering,Radio/cd,Split rear seat,Electronic stability programme,Rake/reach adjustable steering column/wheel,Immobiliser,Front fog lights,Sports seats,Heated Door mirrors,Isofix,BOSE Sound System,vienna leather/cloth interior, 4WD. Private registration is not staying with the vehicle. Free delivery within uk mainland. £22,295.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your PM, My car has the full Votex kit, which I'm hoping should be worth something, bearing in mind it does cost the best part of £2k, well worth it thought IMO because it makes the car look sooooo much better.