Limp mode??

N4th4n90

Reaction score
Hi all,

After fixing a couple of leaks in my exhaust system the weekend I took it out for a spin to hear the vastly improved sound. The second it hit 3krpm limp mode struck and I hobbled home like an injured sparrow.

Few details - Exhaust is a milltek decat/downpipe followed by a straight through pipe. Car is a 2007 2.0tdi, and I did have a quick go at spraying some oven cleaner on the turbo to eliminate sticky vanes (a noticable amount of cr@p came out the back but not plumes and I've always used premium diesel + redex to keep everything as clean as possible).

Any ideas? I'm currently charging the laptop to see if I can get VCDS on the badboy.

Thanks,
Nath

Only true way to clean the turbo is to remove it & strip it down tbh & maybe use a dremel with metal brushes & maybe brake cleaner to get it back to stock metal that is.

Scan 1st for the limp reason, then if its overboosting etc then turbo is your 1st port of call.

If your turbo does have an issue, we have a bkd 2.0 tdi new turbo available.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply.

Also, while underneath the car noticed what looks to be oil around the intercooler pipes? Am I right to assume the worst?

That's normal unless you have a catch can, can remove pipes, clean up & refit, it will come back.