Anyone with a 200 cell Sports CAT failed their MOT?

wanton

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am thinking of getting a turbo back system with a 200 Cell CAT. The garage I have been speaking to suggests that although very rare there is a chance a 200 cell CAT may not pass an MOT. So as the post suggests anyone failed their MOT with a sports CAT?

Cheers.

Last edited:
I had a Millteck 200 cell Cat on my A3 1.8T (8L) for almost 3 years, even with 130k miles there was never a problem when it went for its emissions test.

Sounds like scare-mongering if you ask me. You may run into issues if you have a 100cell Cat I've been told, perhaps that is what they were referring to?

not scare mongering at all
some will fail
the 200 on out ST 3 failed 2 weeks ago
but very rare

oct 2012
failed june 17th

oct 2012
failed june 17th

Failed after 7 months? That's awful. Cant you take it up with the guy who supplied the CAT? The system I am looking at has the CAT guaranteed for 5 years. The rest of the pipe work is guaranteed for life.

nope as said some fail the mot some dont risk you take

Take the car before they do the emissions test, tell to get the test ready for when you return, take the car for a true blast and ensure it gets red hot (the CAT).

I guarentee you will not fail like this unless the CAT has failed itself.

thats what i did

I ran a Milltek sports cat system on mine with no MOT issues for a couple of years.

As has been said though,failures do occasionally occur,but then cat failures occur in any case,sports cat or not.

Mines just passed. Cat back and 200 cell sports cat. 1st attempt failed. 2nd attempt passed. They had to get it hot they said. And if gone for a long cruise before dropping it off

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You need to get it hot. But never had issues with mine.

Nice thread resurrection there. :flushed:

Reactions: leshkin and S.
I even had a bit of trouble last year with a 300 cell cat. Then it was warmed up thoroughly and retested ok.

Reactions: S.