Synchronised Mirrors

danb986

In awe of VCDS
Reaction score
I activated the synchronised mirror option in VCDS and my left mirror would move perfectly with my right mirror, which is great for reversing off my almost vertical driveway.
But for some reason it's decided to stopped doing it now and they operate separately again. I went back into VCDS and the box was still ticked, so I clicked 'Do it' again and then they started working.
I shut down VCDS and started the engine, it worked fine. I did this a couple of times and also locked and unlocked the car, in case something was causing it to de-activate, and it still worked.

I came out to the car this morning, went to adjust my right hand mirror expecting both to move and only the right hand one moves.

Does anyone know why this won't hold the coding (even though it's still ticked in VCDS)?
Or are one of you lot breaking into my car each night and messing with my mirrors? :angrymod:

What's the door module part number?

Sorry Nigel, I'm going have to check when I get home. I'll have a look and post it up when I get in from work.

Do you mean the controller for the drivers door?
If so then the number for that is:
8P0 959 801 N
Tuer-SG H04 0100

The 09CE controller is:
8P0 907 063 A
BCM PQ35 M 105 0575

Hope that helps.

N should be ok, I had it working fine on J's, however I had it running on the older CE module 279 type, whereas yours is the 063 version.

That's weird then. I had a similar thing when trying to get my TPMS to work on the DIS. The part number of the module seemed to be new enough, but I had the same problem as Silky where the extra digits wouldn't fit in the adaptation box.

I just did some more experimenting and it seams to be when I lock the car using the remote as if I was leaving for the night that it forgets to keep the synchronisation working.

It's a bit of a pain as that'd be one of those small mods that would actually be quite useful for me. I just don't understand why it works until I lock the car.

I've just had a thought about how I use VCDS and I want to make sure I'm not making a schoolboy error.

After I've pressed 'do it' to apply the new coding, I get a pop up that says it needs valid WSC/Importer/Equipment data.
You probably already know the options, but they are:

click Yes to use the default values of 12345 etc

click No to try the values currently in the module

or click Cancel to edit values manually.

I've always clicked No, as I was under the impression that this would leave the module with the factory access codes and if Audi ever looked then it wouldn't be obvious that I'd been playing about in there.
Is this the right thing to do, or should I be using the Yes option? I've used the No button for all my other changes and they've all worked fine (except the TPMS via DIS).

What does this option actually do? Always wondered, is there also am option for the wing mirrors to drop when parallel parking to see the kerb?

It's so if you move the right hand mirror, the left hand moves at the same time. It's mainly useful if you want to angle them both down for parking for example.
There was an option in VCDS to make the mirrors drop, but as far as I know it doesn't work on the A3's. I'm hoping someone will prove me wrong though.

I always click on yes, so try with Yes as it maybe affecting the coding in some obscure way, although it states it has accepted.

I unticked the sync mirrors box and pressed 'do it' and got the choices described above. This time I pressed Yes. I then went back in and ticked sync mirrors, but this time when I pressed 'do it' I didn't get the pop up choices. So that's progress I suppose.
On the downside, my mirrors still unsync when I lock the car. :(

Interesting, I don't have label file data to look at tbh so cant advise much more atm, if you could provide me with screen dumps of each byte coding page then can see what's happening, can also send to RT to peruse over.

Thanks Nigel, I really appreciate it.
How is best to send them to you? I imagine I won't be too popular if I paste over 20 pages of screenshots in this thread.