Black rings on the front grille

Stol1975

Reaction score
This is a mod I thought about a lot recently. Are black rings mean and moody and give the stealth look or should we keep the chrome and let the rings shine?
What do you guys think?

Depends on type of grill, prefer chrome on mine personally.

Reactions: DeeGee68 and TDI140
I done mine black (am in the wrong place as I have an a4 lol) but yeah imo blacks better more modern looking also depends on car colour and if theres anymore black on the car. a light black headlight film with black audi rings could set the front end off

nice s3!!!^^^

Well I'm all black at the front except rings at the moment.
I've thought about other cars I've seen in the past that it looks like the badge is missing until you get close.

I like the mean and moody black rings

Reactions: DeeGee68
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372547317322868

I like black rings too :)

Your car do what you like mate......

I have a black edition with rotor wheels and am considering a halfway option and doing mine in Titan grey. Anyone got any pics of this while we are on the subject?Think black would be too much on an all black car.

Have had front and rear black rings on my white S3 since I bought her. Got the garage to fit them before I picked her up.....on a white car it looks mean so I think it all depends on the colour.

Reactions: DeeGee68
No focus point and it looks like you've had a prang imho,silver rings needed

Chrome rings. Anything else, IMVVHO looks chavtastic. You can still get the stealth, prowling look without doing the rings.

I do agree it can work on a white car, but there are some thing you can only get away with on white.

I think chrome is nice or paint them same colour as your car will look good that way, if your going to paint black they will be hidden pretty much non existant, i have black rear rings but can see them on my car as its grey

I've done mine black on my black black edition :hi: Think it makes the car stand out more as there are about 6 black editon a3s around me. I like being a bit different...I have pics but work internet wont let me on photobucket :sos:

Chrome ATM, thinking about grey though to go with the alloys.

Reactions: DeeGee68 and TDI140
Another vote for chrome here.

If you are unsure, you could plasti dip them black and if you don't like them, just remove the plasti dip?

Reactions: TDI140
Leeds2592 has the best idea !

I just feel that the black would make it look non existent specially at night thats why im having mine done in dolphin grey hopefully this week some time

I like Chrome too. Either that or match the rings to the colour of the car with a black grill. I have an Akoya silver A3 with a black grill and rings the same colour (Near enough) to my car.

I've seen gun metal ones on a brand new and genuine grille before but can't find a part number.
Kind of titanium in colour. I'd have those front and rear if I could get them otherwise they are
staying silver.