Anyone looking to swap their S-tronic for a manual?

Josh williams

Reaction score
I know this is probably going to get me no where but can't help but try.

I have a sprint blue facelift s3 on a 58 plate.

My question is would anyone be up for a swap with me for their S-tronic car of a similar spec

mines done 63000 miles and has been modified allthough something could be left on the car maybe to sweeten the deal or a bit of cash your way!

Let me know :)

Cheers josh.

Why cant you just sell it & buy another with stronic?

Because its quite modified and is going to be a pain to source the standard bits and put them all back on mate.

Just wondered if anyone would be interested as it would be easier to swap the bits from my car to their car.

If I were doing a car swap, even if both cars were identical as far as you can tell, id say some cash on top for the risk of changing car.

Have you tried pistonheads, sold all our cars via there & I never remove mods, pointless waste of time for "me", they all sold perfectly ok with mods attached, autotrader is a waste of time & money.

Yeah trouble is i dont want to sell the mods id like to keep them for the next car.

Its just a shame as mine is very high spec with the buckets, air ride, ap 6 pots, stage2+ etc etc

Perhaps i'll just have to bite the bullet and start buying standard bits!

Doesn't have sun roof :p Wow is stronic really that good for to have to sale up or have you just gotten lazy.

That's why I said very high spec not full spec.

I just oust prefer the s tronic box compared to the manual

S tronic is a £1500 option and a great one too. Can't imagine anyone wanting to swop as you would never want to go back to manual

I've heard people say they miss a manual after living with an auto, even dsg, it can lack driver involvement for some people, so it's not a pointless ask.

Mine is a manual stage2+ also with a loba clutch kit, I would prefer to be driving a manual for enjoyment but with my drive to work where there is a lot of junctions etc sometimes I feel I could do with dsg, especially now I've got a much heavier clutch, if it was a weekend or track car I wouldn't even entertain the idea of dsg

Sold my bimma on piston heads sold next day was modified but looked great, must have had 15 phone calls for it on first day of listing, piston heads will get more interest if your car is modified

I have an S Tronic and would like a manual, then when I get the manual I'd like the S Tronic !

Not even driven an S3 in manual so dont even know if I'd like one or not

Whats wrong with me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!