Picked up my A3, thoughts and S2000 comparison

SideShowBob

Reaction score
Picked up my 2.0TDi Sport S-Line DGS on Saturday, and after one revisit to the dealer (there was a massive bulge in the tyre wall, no idea how they missed it!!), have been driving it loads over the weekend.

Its even better than I remember from the test drive, has excellent balance, and the sports suspension with 18"s is one of the best setups ive ever had in a car, doesnt jar or bump, but still manages to hold the car flat under hard cornering, and made me realise how rediculously hard the S2000's suspension was in comparison. It somehow manages to combine handling with comfort.

DSG is simply amazing, I dont miss a manual at all, even thou the S2000's is about the best out there, the adaptiveness of the DSG system is excellent.

Performance wise, again, im impressed!! pulls beautifully, and there's loads of useable grunt, had a play with the tiptronic paddles last night, and it can seriously shift when you boot it, so no complaints about performance. S2000 was quicker, but relies a lot more on road condition and drivers ability, and over a typical B road, I doubt there'd be much in it at all.

As you can probably tell, im massively impressed, and even with its high miles, its as solid as anything new out there. Colour is great, wheels are very cool, interior is head and shouldes above any other premium hatch backs, and symphony stereo with Bose speakers is very good too.

Sounds good and just think how much fuel you will save /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Going to replace the wifes comapny car with a 2.0tdi DSG Sportback in the new year so will let you know what we think.