Different A3 types/Offering lower than asking price at dealership

ajspurs

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source that outlines the differences of the types of A3's? I'm coming across so many but I can't see any vast physical exterior changes, maybe a few interior changes like the steering wheel but that's it.

Ffor instance, what's a Sportback as apposed to anything else? And more specifically in my case, what's an MPI Technik?

Also, rather than creating 2 threads I thought I'd just put it one, but when buying from a dealership, what approaches do you guys use and do you initially offer as low as you think you can in terms of the advertised price? So if an 2009 A3 was advertised at £9000, how much would you offer?

Thanks

Woops sorry, thought i deleted the attached pictures but can't seem to!

Attachments

• media-11.jpg
    media-11.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 90
  • media-10.jpg
    media-10.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 96
  • media-9.jpg
    media-9.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 78
Sportback models are 5 door cars as in the above pics so if it is just advertised as an A3 it should only be 3 door.When I bought my Audi from my local dealership they wouldn't move on the price.

Sportback models are 5 door cars as in the above pics so if it is just advertised as an A3 it should only be 3 door.When I bought my Audi from my local dealership they wouldn't move on the price.

Ok thanks mate. It's just that some have 'Sportback' in the description and some don't so I thought there was a difference between the two. Yea the few dealership's I've asked won't budge on their advertised price either.

The only bit of succesful haggling I managed to do was on my part exchange, i couldnt get anything knocked off the car itself - this was with an Audi dealer too.

We haggled £500 off the price from Dulwich Audi. Got them to throw in matts and a tank of diesel too. You don't ask you don't get.