Steering Control Modules

F2

Reaction score
Hi,

Im planning to retrofit Cruise and MFSW to be 2006 Audi 2.0 TDI S line sportback, but cannot work out which control module and slip rings that I need to make it all work!

The current control module part number is 1K0 953 549 AH which I understand to be a midline unit which will only support cruise and obc, but not the MFSW.... I have VCDS but cannot work out how to find the slip ring P/N ? so will probably have to remove the trim and have a look! New MF steering wheel P/N is 8P0 419 091

Any help and pointers would be a great help!

8P0 953 549 F Steering control unit will definitely work with both Cruise Control and MFSW. It's still available from the main dealers/TPS. Give them a call for prices.

Compatible slip ring is 1K0959653D. As above with parts/availability/prices.

Alternatively there are a few users on here who will be able to sort you out with Parts & Fitting, NHN offers a very good service and has had many many good reports/reviews on his work. Another user is Ash187 who has similar reviews/reports.

Hi, thanks for the info!

i have just checked my slip ring part number on the car and it is the 959653D part number so at least that looks ok. Does the car usually beep at you when you open the top cowl above the stalks?.. Scared the crap out of me! Thought the alarm was about to go off but it stopped beeping when input the key in the ignition! :blush:

Suppose I will have to order a new steering control unit then for it all to work, is it a straight forward swap over or does it evolve me spending hours on VCDS trying to figure out ..

Thanks

I may have a module available, I need to check stock.

Depends on your level of tech tbh, but the steering module can be extremely fiddly to get out.

If it seems a bit daunting, we can supply/fit the lot for you.

Other thing to know, if you bought a complete wheel then that's fine, but if its just the wheel & no airbag, with a view to reuse yours, you need to make sure its the same airbag/wheel combo as there are 2 types, only checking underneath of current will you know if this is so.

Hi cheers for that NHN, will let you know if I need anything. How can you tell the difference between the two types of airbag? Is it obvious? I could always check part number compatibility with audi I suppose. I will strip it out later and get photos if I get the time today.

I'm pretty good with electronics as my job is quite mechanical / electrical / technical, so will give it a shot! Is there much coding to do in order to change the control module?

resurrecting this thread rather than make another. After the meet on sat past @udiA3 scan'd my car:icon_thumright: and it was showing
1k0 953 549 AH which is a Midline SW0070 it also shows these other numbers -
jo527 034 0070
1k0 953 549 MY8 (this was the header)
So to retrofit my MFSW i need to replace the 1k0 953 549 AH steering control module with a 8p0 953 549 F do I need anything else as its turning out to be damn dear just to be able to turn the vol up from the wheel lol.

Just the steering module, and of course the mfsw, airbag and wiring harness.

You then need to code it.

Just the steering module, and of course the mfsw, airbag and wiring harness.

You then need to code it.

I have found a scrap donor car 2007 s-line model that has mfsw fitted problem is the dealer is unsure which bit to take out as he thinks I want the slip ring?? or does anyone have a pic of it fitted to the car I thought it was on the column???

The wheel and a few other bits, including the lower cowling needs to be removed to get to it and its a bit of a ****** to remove without snapping any clips etc.

At the weekend I'll have a 8P0 953 549 F module for sale and also the harness that you'll need. PM me if interested.