My A3 s line mesh fog diy.

nezz

Reaction score
IMG 20130626 00271 IMG 20130626 00280

IMG 20130626 00278 IMG 20130627 00288

Just happy to share my first handy work for my much cherished A3...
Please share your thoughts.

Reactions: vdt, Reddaddy67, lea323ci and 8 others
Will post some just waiting for paint to dry up as still putting a few more coats and the weather its just miserable she does need a good clean.

Nice little subtle mod there mate, well done.

Reactions: nezz
Hmm i like it, might have to go halfords sometime next week and do this, what did you use to stick it on strond adhesive ?
i would also like to see a pic on the car :)

Hmm i like it, might have to go halfords sometime next week and do this, what did you use to stick it on strond adhesive ?
i would also like to see a pic on the car :)
Pictures to follow allmost done
used this stuff to fill up the hollows, hard enough to put screws onIMG 20130626 00279
then some bonding glue on the ages thats the black stuff u can see on the picture from the original post.
IMG 20130627 00282
used a soldering iron with flattened tip to cut off the bits from grill.

Thats looks a top effort. I have some of that mesh in my 'workshop' :icon_thumright:

Thats looks a top effort. I have some of that mesh in my 'workshop' :icon_thumright:

Labour of love cutting, sandpaper, bonding, filling, drilling, primer more primer coats, paint x4 coats.
Thanks for everyone's positive comments will be posting pics once one paint is dryed up.

Labour of love cutting, sandpaper, bonding, filling, drilling, primer more primer coats, paint x4 coats.
Thanks for everyone's positive comments will be posting pics once one paint is dryed up.

Ha i was thinking No-Nails and jobs a guddin' :applaus:

Looks really good, I dont even know how to remove my fog lights so I wouldn't know where to begin lol.

After fitting i'm happy with the result but gotta say the mesh is not that visible as s3 8p ones.

DSC 4152

DSC 4151

DSC 4041

DSC 36921

Last edited:
Reactions: Artimus
This is dope! Gw! Wanna get that mesh finish on my bumper! Will be my next mod most definitely.
Thx for sharing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 917
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 954
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,043
Wanted the s3 8p ones but unfortunately would have been the whole bumper to replace so best next thing was the diy job.
DSC 9497

Really like your mesh look RS3 grill, I can only seem to find matt black ones -are these chrome ones still available for A3 04-08?