Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RapidAssistant

Thread: What easy or not easy things can you do a 2003/4 A3 to bring it up to date inside?

Neutral

Status

What easy or not easy things can you do a 2003/4 A3 to bring it up to date inside?

Talking strictly interior here, I have seen about changing to double din and throwing in a sat nav, tossing in an arm rest, maybe adding all the floor lights and stuff like that, but what else can be done and who has done it? Pictures welcome!

Gonna be getting myself an A3 of this age very soon, after having posted an advice thread up a while back. Just doing all the research I can!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    If you just have the basic single courtesy lamp, putting in the full function overhead console with the reading lamps and the mood lighting for the gear lever area is a simple swap, and you can pick the bits up quite easily on eBay. I think I started a thread somewhere asking about this and how it is done.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RapidAssistant View Post
    If you just have the basic single courtesy lamp, putting in the full function overhead console with the reading lamps and the mood lighting for the gear lever area is a simple swap, and you can pick the bits up quite easily on eBay. I think I started a thread somewhere asking about this and how it is done.
    Just dug that up, seems like a nice upgrade, where does the light for the gear area originate from?

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Interior LED lights from T8ups are the first mod that everybody should do to the interior. Make a massive difference!
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    Interior LED lights from T8ups are the first mod that everybody should do to the interior. Make a massive difference!
    You got some pictures or a link I can look at some of this stuff? I do like some LED's

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieronboz View Post
    Just dug that up, seems like a nice upgrade, where does the light for the gear area originate from?
    The overhead console has two little red LEDs just behind the rear view mirror that shine down onto the ashtray/gear lever panel. Make sure you get the right colour of panel though for your interior, S-Lines are all charcoal grey, the rest are light grey.
    Kieronboz likes this.

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieronboz View Post
    You got some pictures or a link I can look at some of this stuff? I do like some LED's
    Photos don't do them justice as they're brighter in real life but stolen from Jameze in another thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Jameze View Post
    I got in touch with t8ups after seeing this thread and ordered LED's for the glovebox, boot, sun visors, and front & rear domes.

First of all, top bloke; very helpful. The lights arrived incredibly fast too (ordered them in the morning, he posted them that day and I received them the following day!)

The LED's have transformed the interior of the car. Gutted I don't have the interior light pack so I could take full advantage

The whole interior glows bright white, but not bright enough to be a distraction every time you open the door.

Glovebox...

Boot...

My boot is now like the briefcase scene in Pulp Fiction, my whole face glows when I open it at night! I'll never struggle to find anything in there again, I love it.

Highly recommended cheap and easy mod
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    Photos don't do them justice as they're brighter in real life but stolen from Jameze in another thread....
    Awesome they do look great, ill definitely put those on the list haha! (also I have just sorted some stuff, i might be going to get my A3 in a matter of minutes! :P)