Cracked door trim

ninjakid

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've recently picked up a new car, which is great so far, but during closer inspection I noticed that there is a bit of cracking on the door trim just below the window switches. I just wanted to find out how best to get it sorted, or if there is anyone on here how could help me.

I have taken a shot of the area which is attached. Unfortunately like a muppet I am, I didn't ****** notice it when I bought the car, otherwise I'd got the dealer to sort it or take some of the price off. :banghead:

Thanks in advance

20130623 165806

I would look for another door trim or put up with it ,a lot of decent cosmetic places could repair easliy but as its where you put your arm it might wear back off again once they have flatted,retextured and repainted it

Why not go back to the dealer & ask if they would sort it, otherwise as above, find a used door card & swap the arm over.

Not sure if he'd have that as I already got the listed price down quite a bit. I might try fitting myself, do you know if it's an easy job to do? Thanks

Door card of, unplug wiring, undo torx bolts, easy enough with patients, if you don't want to remove all then let us now as we could come along & swap, probably source the armrest aswell.

Ok, I might just try that. Seems fairly easy. Hardest bit I guess is sourcing the armrest. If I any issues, you dont mind me getting in touch. Thank you

I replaced mine last week.

Bought just the arm rest off ebay (£20).
took me 35mins to fit, really easy, just a bit nervous when pulling the door card off.
There is a guide on here on how to remove the door card, I followed that.