as you can tell I am a newbee here, and I am only planning to purchase/exchange for an Audi A3.
I identified an A3 V6 3.2l FSI Sportback Quattro automatic, from 12/2006 with approx. 34,000 Miles.
The car has full options, and I have the following questions:
1. what are the weak points that I should check before purchasing: (body, interior, mechanics, engine, transmission, suspension, gearbox, etc. Anything that is visible to the trained eye or known to break due to faulty design?
2. Have there been any recalls on this model that I should check for?
3. Given Audi downsized and no longer proposes the A3 in a VR6 configuration, what impact (positive or negative) does that have on the value of the car?
3.1 Why would the S3 be more desirable than this one?
4. What are the major service costs for this car, are there any big ones to budget for?
5. I am not sure whether it has a built in GPS or not. If yes, how does the map update work, can it be downloaded from the internet and installed?
6. Anything I missed?