Att. all tyre/rim/suspension guru's

Byron_A3

Reaction score
Howzit gents,
I need some advice here...
I recently put a set of 19" AMG replica rims with a set of Achilles 235/35/19 (ATS Sport IIRC), originally I had a set of 17s on. From what I have heard the general rule of thumb regarding increasing rims sizes is that you can go up by 2, so 19s should be ok?
The problem comes in now when I get to speeds of around 115km\h upwards, I can feel a vibration through the steering and floor. I know what your thinking, they aren't balanced properly... So I had them rebalanced and immediately drove it and the vibration persists... So then we rotated the tyres(back to front) and balanced again... Again drove it immediately and the vibration is not as bad as before but it is still noticable...
So what could the problem be?
-Could it be the rims themselves(which are supposed to be brand new)?
-Could it be the tyres(Also brand new)?
-Is it that the suspension can not handle this(rims to heavy)? - I have never had this before and I have pushed the limits with 17's on a Corsa B, originally had 13's and I had no vibration...
Any help would be really appreciated...

what tyre size did you have before?

Don't want to sound snobnby but you have replica wheels with cheap tyres. I bet they don't balance perfectly hence the vibration :(

Is the car fine with the standrad wheels on?

Must be the balancing of the wheels then. Where did you get them balanced? Did they put a lot of weights on them?

They were balanced at a reputable continental partner.
No they didnt need to many weights bud.