Engine management light

Aidy06

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just had a phone call from the mrs who says the engine management light has come on, she said car doesn't feel any different at all. Trouble is that I'm 300 miles away working and won't be back till the weekend, will car be ok to drive till then or is it recommended not to drive it until the problem has been diagnosed. Would VCDS tell me what the exact problem is also? Thanks

Just had a phone call from the mrs who says the engine management light has come on, she said car doesn't feel any different at all. Trouble is that I'm 300 miles away working and won't be back till the weekend, will car be ok to drive till then or is it recommended not to drive it until the problem has been diagnosed. Would VCDS tell me what the exact problem is also? Thanks

Hi vcds will tell you what the issue is when it occurred and how often if it was a serious problem I would expect the car to go into limp home mode typical that it happens when your not around I have vcds and live in Aberdeenshire if your near I will help if not i am sure someone else will scan your car.

Just noticed your location it's a bit far even half way

Hi vcds will tell you what the issue is when it occurred and how often if it was a serious problem I would expect the car to go into limp home mode typical that it happens when your not around I have vcds and live in Aberdeenshire if your near I will help if not i am sure someone else will scan your car.

Just noticed your location it's a bit far even half way

Yeah it's not gone into limp mode, she said its driving fine. Thanks for the offer mate, really appreciate that but like you said "It's abit far, even half way" ha. It's annoying working away when things like this happen, I'm getting earache now about how is she supposed to get to work haha

im working away myself pal so its not as if i can pop over and help

Yeah no worries mate, I appreciate that. I thought of asking you to be honest but realised you'd be working away

It's worth mentioning your engine type fella.

does she have a habbit of stuffing up gear changes? +hitting the red line by over revving?
itd still drive after that.
but she'll never admitt to that

does she have a habbit of stuffing up gear changes? +hitting the red line by over revving?
itd still drive after that.
but she'll never admitt to that

Its a DSG mate, she's a bad driver but even she can't mess that up ha

Has the car got a tuning box or mapped ? If it is putting out to much power whilst under hard acceleration the eml will come on and you will have to turn the engine off and turn it back on again for it to disappear.

Has the car got a tuning box or mapped ? If it is putting out to much power whilst under hard acceleration the eml will come on and you will have to turn the engine off and turn it back on again for it to disappear.

Yes it's mapped, she's turned it off and back on again and the EML is still on

Don't know if it would cause it to come on but the DV issue seems fairly common on the 2tfsi?

I ordered the new revision DV last week, it's being delivered today. I'm going to fit at the weekend if I'm home, I just don't want her driving the car whilst the EML is on and potentially making the problem any worse than it is

Ok, here's a little update. Just told the mrs to remove the Bluefin and taa daa the EML has vanished, any idea why this would be? It seems the Bluefin is causing my car problems but why? It's getting scanned tomorrow at my indie so he'll be able to tell me the fault it was throwing up, has anybody ever heard if Bluefin causing problems like this?

Scroll down to boost leak question 2007 tfsi also having issues possibly caused by his bluefin. Car feels sluggish etc its quite possible

Scroll down to boost leak question 2007 tfsi also having issues possibly caused by his bluefin. Car feels sluggish etc its quite possible

Already seen it mate, commented it it a few times before tonight having the Bluefin removed and car feels good now. I just don't understand why the Bluefin map would cause these problems?

Cars at the Indy and he's had it connected to the diagnostic machine he has (it's the same one as Audi use) and also on VCDS, no faults have been logged. Just got off the phone to Superchips who have advised to do a log run on the Bluefin and email them the data, they will then look into it for me

EML can in again today lasted an hour then went out, no faults logged. Anybody any ideas?

Alll I needed was:

1. 2.0TFSI
  2. Yes it's mapped
  3. She

Pop me a number via pm LOL

Now I'm scared, I'm not into that stuff mate but whatever floats your boat :lmfao:

Na u misunderstood the joke. Ah well.

There's a VCDS map somewhere around here, plug the car in and see what it says.

Na u misunderstood the joke. Ah well.

There's a VCDS map somewhere around here, plug the car in and see what it says.

I got the joke mate, I was just kidding with you. Yeah I've had it connected to VCDS and it doesn't log any faults at all, seems strange

I got the joke mate, I was just kidding with you. Yeah I've had it connected to VCDS and it doesn't log any faults at all, seems strange

Weird, I'd have thought any sensor faults would show up. EM light but no faults :( Maybe the light is faulty in the dash! LOL

Weird, I'd have thought any sensor faults would show up. EM light but no faults :( Maybe the light is faulty in the dash! LOL

Yep really weird, I don't know what it is and it seems nobody else does either. Hopefully it may have been to do with the DV which I've just changed which was ripped to shreds