Adjusting Rear Coilovers...

leeds2592

When I grow up, I want a 964!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Decided I wanted to go a bit lower on the rear of my A3. I've got AP coilovers so the adjuster is at the top but when using the C spanner to adjust it, the whole thing spins including the black plate at the top! I've read that this is a common problem but not read of a solution.

Any tips on how to adjust it? It's annoying me that the fronts are so easy to adjust but the backs are a massive polavour!

Thanks

Hi all,

Decided I wanted to go a bit lower on the rear of my A3. I've got AP coilovers so the adjuster is at the top but when using the C spanner to adjust it, the whole thing spins including the black plate at the top! I've read that this is a common problem but not read of a solution.

Any tips on how to adjust it? It's annoying me that the fronts are so easy to adjust but the backs are a massive polavour!

Thanks

Slightly late reply here, but ...

Remove the adjuster and drill a hole in the side of the threaded piece (at the base, not in the threads!). You will now be able to insert a screwdriver into the hole and prevent them from turning when you adjust them. I had to do this on my FK's.

I put my adjuster at the bottom and bolted it to the swing arm, worked for me but is a bit of a nightmare if you want to adjust the ride height.

Although it is only one bolt and you can get easy access to it.