New to the site and the Audi world in general - seems a little more complicated than teh BMW world I'm used to! Many variations and facelifts/updates on each model from what I can see?
As following on from my intro post HERE (if anyone is interested!) I have searched as much as I can, but still have a few questions I would like to ask, if anyone could oblige with some help!
1. I am looking at a 2007 (57) plate S3. So far I have determined this is the 8P platform, and a 2007 is the 2nd generation of this platform. But I have also seen references to pre/facelift 2nd gen 8Ps? Is this correct? Could anyone please summarise the differences between them (pictures would be a HUGE help too)? Aside from cosmetic differences between the pre and facelifts, is there any differences inside the cabin, or technical revisions such as system updates etc?
2. The car I'm potentially looking at has FASH, but needs the cambelt waterpump done imminently. I know prices differ from region/dealer, but roughly what am I looking at to get this done at a main dealer?
3. What sort of timescale (age/mileage) can I expect the turbos to need overhauing/replacing on a standard (non-mapped) car? I've only ever driven naturally aspirated cars before so have no realy idea, although I'd like to expect 100k on a looked after car? Is this realistic?
4. Clutches - again timescales of life and cost to replace (specialist for this work is wher I'd probably go)?
5. Haldex. As long as correct oil/filters at the correct intervals (20k?) is there any other well know problems or foibles of this system?
6. Finally, is there any 'must-do' checks I should do when viewing the car?
That should do me (for now)! Thank you for your patience and valuable input. Looking forward to adding the S3 to our driveway, they certainly look the part.