New Member, seeking help!

OriginalShunt

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first thread as I am new to the forum and also a new Audi owner. I have a 2003 Audi A3 and I am looking to start modding and retrofitting all sorts of things to it. I am looking for members of the forum that have skills and can assist me with my plans (for a price of course). So can anybody recommend anyone or are there any experts out there who can contact me directly please.

The first 2 things I want to do are to install the new speedo cluster (with the black and white screens) into my car and also to retrofit cruise control. So if anyone out there can help or has any advice for me please get in touch as soon as possible. I'm looking forward to becoming an active member on the forum and sharing stories and photos and knowledge with all the other members. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum I'm still a beginner so I couldn't help you lol

What part of Lancashire are you from?

Why not post a thread on the Welcome section of the forum? The Welcome Section

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I'm from just outside Chorley in Lancashire... what about yourself? I was thinking about posting the exact same thread in both the welcome section and also the A3 8P Chassis sections of the forum but wasn't really sure if forum etiquette frowns on that sort of thing. Do you mind me asking what you drive? I'm excited about being able to attend showcases and meets once I've got my car all modded, there are just so many things I want to do haha, it's going to be an expensive year for me.

Nhn is probably best for 8p white cluster retrofit info. However if you have the correct parts id happily take the work on. I understand cruise retrofit is simply a plug and play from Audi and then recode the modules on the car. Again nhn may be able to supply part and fit.

Be warned tHough, any seemingly simple retrofit could turn out not so simple!

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I'm from just outside Chorley in Lancashire... what about yourself? I was thinking about posting the exact same thread in both the welcome section and also the A3 8P Chassis sections of the forum but wasn't really sure if forum etiquette frowns on that sort of thing. Do you mind me asking what you drive? I'm excited about being able to attend showcases and meets once I've got my car all modded, there are just so many things I want to do haha, it's going to be an expensive year for me.

I'm not far from you in Ormskirk, search North West part of the forums for local meets, and your Car doesn't have to be modified to attend, may pick up some good contacts and ideas from the meets aswell :)

Don't think they would mind tbh, as the thread is suitable for both parts of the forum, maybe just do a smaller introduction with a link to this thread to avoid any drama.

Remember when the work begins to start a W.I.P Thread so people can see your progress and it's also a great help as people give suggestions and advice as you move along.

So what plans do you have for the Car?

Plans for the car are as follows:

Cruise Control retrofit
Black and White Cluster install
RNS-E retrofit - although I currently only have a single DIN so need a Double DIN cage too
Full leather S Line seats
Multi Function Flat Bottom Steering wheel install
Xenon Headlights... or Bi Xenon's if it isn't too expensive
Headlight washer retrofit
Auto Lights, Rain Sensor, and Auto Dimming rear view mirror
Coming home lights
Either vinyl wrap or plasti-dip my car White
2012 dark tint rear lights
Pre-facelift S3 front bumper with a honeycomb mesh central grille

Does anyone have any other ideas for my car? Or has anyone done any of these mods and can tell me how easy or difficult the installs were? Or if anyone has any of these parts for sale or can help with these installs please get in touch. Thanks everyone.

Welcome to the site.

I have your pm's, sorry was out all day yesterday, I will go have a read shortly & get back to you asap :)

Cruise Control retrofit
RNS-E retrofit - although I currently only have a single DIN so need a Double DIN cage too
Coming home lights

Does anyone have any other ideas for my car? Or has anyone done any of these mods and can tell me how easy or difficult the installs were? Or if anyone has any of these parts for sale or can help with these installs please get in touch. Thanks everyone.

Even though that's a big list and full of goddies there is soooo much more lol.. Depends how far you want to go. Reversing cameras, Air suspension. Uprate all the bushes ect, Full Body kit, Rims, Stance the list goes on and on and on and that's before you start working on the engine. Good Luck!! Looking forward to the build thread. :yum:

Cruise Control retrofit
Coming home lights

Hope you have deep pockets, you'll need them. I'm in Horwich, just round the corner. Welcome to ASN

Welcome to the site.

I have your pm's, sorry was out all day yesterday, I will go have a read shortly & get back to you asap :)

Nigel is the white DIS a mod that can be applied? Wasn't aware if it is, I'd be interested in that maybe :icon_thumright:

Thank you very much Nigel, I have heard and read some fantastic things about you and I am very much looking forward to working with you on my car. But anyone else out there who can help and offer their experience would be grateful appreciated. I've been searching the forum to find the answers and haven't managed to, I was wondering if anyone has managed to fit the facelift heater control panel into a pre-facelift car. Everything I have read says that when you press the AC button nothing happens as there's a problem with the flaps or something. Has anyone solved this issue yet?

What is it you drive Aidy? I know the White DIS is possible as I've seen it on a few cars on YouTube. Have a quick search on there and you can see it on a few cars, but all the videos are from Europe somewhere... all the speedos are in KPH rather than MPH, just so you know, but check it out.

What is it you drive Aidy? I know the White DIS is possible as I've seen it on a few cars on YouTube. Have a quick search on there and you can see it on a few cars, but all the videos are from Europe somewhere... all the speedos are in KPH rather than MPH, just so you know, but check it out.

05 plate 2.0T FSI, I wasn't aware it could be retro fitted. I'll definitely look into it, thanks

Only way to fit white dis is cluster swap & the climate unit would only work with wiring/component changes on the heater system on cars pre mid 07, anyone that tells you otherwise is talking rubbish, I haven't found any adaption or coding to allow the newer units to work or detect the difference in motors on the flaps & also the chrome climates have removed the wiring for the extra motor anyway & the mechanism now uses a plastic cam to drive the parts the 2nd motor was doing.

Nigel, this doesn't affect me as the cluster I have purchased only has 38,000 on the clock, but I've heard that once the White DIS Clusters go over 100,000 miles that you cannot then change the mileage on the clock to match the mileage on your car? Is this true? Could you also please give me a price for swapping the clusters over for me? I'm wanting to have this done ASAP. Thanks very much.

What engine code is the A3, what part numbers are on each cluster? what engine code was the donor cluster from?

I can correct milage on some cars, but generally its after 100, not 100k miles that you cannot correct milage. VCDS doesnt support milage correction after 100 miles, not sure what other diagnostic tools nhn uses that may correct them.

EDIT:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/67883-09-white-cluster-dis-fitted-04-8p.html

NHN's write up, looks a very easy job :D You would need to check you have correct fuel pump and wiring by the look of it though.

Last edited: