2010 A3 2.0L TDI Performance Questions

Chris Coates

Reaction score
Was wondering what would give me "2010 A3 2L Tdi Sportsback" abit more kick, i have a Vtech tune done on it and should be getting around 175HP or 130KW from it never had it Dyno'd.

was wondering if a full miltek exhaust or cold induction would be the next step?

would love to get it over the 200BHP and be a safe tune,

so any advice would be great, im also still under warranty, so yeah:)

I have over 200bhp :p from BKD engine pd140 2006/56, you need ****** turbo, exhaust, custom remap check my sig below you need most of my mods to be where im at yours might produce more bhp and torque as its newer engine

woow a ****** turbo

Reactions: TDI140
Ahah it is infact a typo lol i cant type lol BIGGER* turbo is what i was supposed to say otherwise your standard turbo will be a ******** turbo if you try to map it with high boost

Well mine has a claimed 197 BHP on a rolling road when I had the custom remap done. See details in the signature below. The tuner did ask if I wanted a number starting with a 2, however it would have meant creating a torque spike to get there. My preference was for a more linear torque response hence the sub 200 number. It was done at 40,000 miles and is now on 120,000 still with the original turbo. So no reliability issues and it averages over 60mpg, what's not to like. That said if only the turbo would blow itself up then I could justify a hybrid replacement.

I found having the exhaust done made a surprisingly big difference. The car picked up speed much more effortlessly. Although you should get a custom map straight after doing the exhaust to get the most out of it and avoid any turbo over spooling issues. EGR delete is also a cheap, simple no brainer of a mod.

good luck and keep us all posted on developments.

Ok guys, well all that said my cars now done 21,000k's
what woud you all recommend for my 2010 a3 2L tdi non quatro exhaust wise?
also would it still make a difference if i dont get the current remap ive aleady had to done, remaped again?