TDI Fuel leak after filter change

mike170

Reaction score
Had my car serviced about 2k miles ago and noticed a tiny weep of derv but lately starting to smell and drip onto the floor.

Guessing they not changed seal or bit of dirt.

What's my options?

Think it's too late to take back now.

Last edited:
EDIT - is it leaking from the fuel filter itself??

Had this happen to me twice.......

Remove torx screws, replace seal and then gently tap the top in a star pattern until cover is flush with housing

then put screws back in and tighten in star pattern. I find that garages rely on the screws to tighten everything down but they are simply too small to do that

Not to sure where its leaking from.

Read that my car needs to be connected up to prim it 09 plate black edition.

May chance the garage first?

Open the bonnet and start the car. The fuel filter is on the drivers side. You'll soon see if its leaking as it will start dribbling or shooting out!

ive never had to prime the system. Simply replaced, turned the key and its fired up first time :)

It's not leaking but weeping runs fine just got derv under filter and now dripping on to the ground.

Depending on how they got the top off they may have bent the lid slightly so it doesn't seal properly (this happened on mine), look round the filter housing & check the gap around lid & bottom part. If you see any gaps squeeze it closed with a pair of grips & it should seal back up.