Concert Radio Skipping and rear wiper problem.

David williams

Reaction score
Hi Guys, apologies if this has been posted before, I cant see it has.

Basically my cd player in my A3 is giving me trouble, a few months back a friend accidnetally put 2 cds in at the same time. I managed to remove it and all was fine for a while.

Shortly before removing it my rear wiper stopped working and is now half way up by rear window and wont respond. I have no idea if this is linked or just coincidence.

Now the radio will only work with the preset stations, sometimes it will try automatically to tune itself in to other stations which is annoying.
I cannot manually tune a station in, the buttons on the radio either dont respond or give the wrong function. The only button that works properly is the volume and power button.

As for playing cds you cannot skip through songs as pressing any button will cause it to skip.

Basically the radio has a mind of its own and just do what it wants.

Ive removed the radio and left it for 24 hours and put it back in but it hasnt worked. Ive even removed the battery but again no joy.
Interestingly im pretty sure its meant to ask for the safe code when doing the above but neother time its asked.

Is it likely to be an electric fault or one with the cd player itself?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sounds like the age old rear wiper unit has leaked & failed, this will possibly need replacing & it could of leaked water onto the radio amps causing issues, search the forum for rear wiper issues as discussed allot.

It needs looking at either by yourself or a competent person, if needed we can look at resolving this for you, PM if of use.

Sounds like the age old rear wiper unit has leaked & failed, this will possibly need replacing & it could of leaked water onto the radio amps causing issues, search the forum for rear wiper issues as discussed allot.

It needs looking at either by yourself or a competent person, if needed we can look at resolving this for you, PM if of use.

Cheers mate, after reading about the wipers I thought this may have been a possibility although if its leaked at the back how has it got to the radio at the front?

would a replacement radio sort it or is it quite a big job?

cheers

The radio antenna amps are in the boot lid where the wiper unit is.

Until the issues are diagnosed, I couldn't say for sure what's causing, but naturally if rear wipers down, radio reception dodgy, then it leads you to this being the issue.

How big a job again is down to what's up, for some yes, others no, but for sure boot lid trim has to come of, looking for water ingress etc, also parts to test, of which we carry anyway if needing replaced.

The radio antenna amps are in the boot lid where the wiper unit is.

Until the issues are diagnosed, I couldn't say for sure what's causing, but naturally if rear wipers down, radio reception dodgy, then it leads you to this being the issue.

How big a job again is down to what's up, for some yes, others no, but for sure boot lid trim has to come of, looking for water ingress etc, also parts to test, of which we carry anyway if needing replaced.
Clever to put them by water....

is your service anywhere near north Wales mate?

How's Salford :)

PM me if of interest.

I can come to you, but of course there are costs to cover, anyway if you reconsider, send me a PM.