help!!

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
If they are coming on when the car is cold then no they shouldn't as they are controlled by temp sensor. If you've been driving then I would say yes they will be on..............due to the heat of the engine.

even when the car is cold and i switch the heater on they are coming on is this a fault if so what will it be??
as said before i no they come when aircon is switched on but aircon is of so take it theres a fault somewere??

Is your coolant level ok i would advise you to get your car scanned if even just for peace of mind as you may have a dodgy temp sensor .

My fans come on immediately when I take econ off.. It's normal we'll I assume its normal I have no fault codes!

My fans come on immediately when I take econ off.. It's normal we'll I assume its normal I have no fault codes!

When econ is switched off that enables your a/c dependant on cabin temp and set point if the a/c is cycling to maintain your set point the fans will run however if you we're to put your heating up to full I would expect the fans to stop.

When econ is switched off that enables your a/c dependant on cabin temp and set point if the a/c is cycling to maintain your set point the fans will run however if you we're to put your heating up to full I would expect the fans to stop.

I don't think I've ever put the heating past 20 it's too hot lol! But yeah I'm sure they would as I said no fault codes so all must be well

Stop worrying lol

If there's no fault codes and the fans are running I wouldn't be too bothered...... Better than them not coming on

Stan, there is no logic in the fans coming on when the engine is cold, and the climate control is switched off. I suspect that one of your temperature sensors is not working to spec, and the engine thinks it's too hot. Get a VCDS scan as soon as possible and see what that indicates. Good luck.

hi Geraldy212 when you say climate control what do you mean as i dont have climate control i have econ auto and manual mode
when on econ the fans will go off when on auto the fans will go on low speed when not on either they come on at fast speed and will stay like this untill i put it on econ??

econ disables the a/c compressor as in economy less fuel used to run and will only use ambient air to cool the cabin
while not on econ should your cabin require cooling it will use the a/c by running a/c your radiator fans will run to condense the discharge gas-to a liquid .

Stan, when you first start the car, with econ = on, there should be no reason for the fans to start. If at any time you switch econ = off, then, depending on temperatures, the aircon (climate control) compressor will be active, and the fans may well start.

Stan, with my A3, when econ= on, the fans are indeed off (when engine is cold)
With econ = off, and 'Auto' =on, the fans will run fast or slow depending on the temperatures measured by
the temperature sensors, and/or the cabin temperature settings. If the in-car temperature is high (on a hot day) and
the temperature settings are around 20 deg C, the fans will run fast as one would expect. Hope this helps.

This thread is hilarious... Its normal mate you are being paranoid! :scared2:

Reactions: danb986
It has been stated above by chill out, for those who dont know your air con has 2 heater matrixes one within the cabin (evaporator) to soak up the warm air (giving an illusion of cold air coming out of your vents), and one behind your radiator to discharge the hot air (Condensor). So when your air con is on (Econ not selected) and your not moving the matrix behind your radiator still needs to dissipate the heat it is dragging out of your cabin, so the fans will run, creating the airflow.

Hope this helps!